PDA

View Full Version : blizzard beach

Shamu
12-11-2003, 16:24
Hi, am wondering if anyone has been to Blizzard Beach or the other water park at Disney (can't remember the name). Which one is better and is it worth the momey...I am sure it must be better than Wet and Wild???????????

Courtney[8D]

fiona
12-11-2003, 16:45
Disney's water parks are Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach, River Island is now closed.

My teenagers love Blizzard Beach, while they were younger we used to go to Typhoon Lagoon. Both are excellent water parks with fun rides. We have been to Wet'n'Wild when we had one of the 10 day attraction tickets between them, Universal and Sea World. To us it seemed like a concrete jungle. This may have been because we were there in the summer, it was very hot, and my eldest daughter and I both got prickly heat - which we have never got at the Disney parks.

You have to take adequate precautions for the high season, keep in the shade for some of the time, but it is a fun day, and in my opinion, worth every penny.

wilfy
12-11-2003, 17:07
We prefer typhoon lagoon, mainly due to the wave machine, we just like bobbin around. However blizzard does have the summit plummet, or should that be "gusset buster":D:D:D

Ruth
12-11-2003, 17:24
I like Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon equally, they are both fantastic[msnsmile2]I just wish we had done River Country before it closed[msnsad]

bellaepovera
12-11-2003, 21:23
They are both the best!! Get there when they open especially in the summer time as the afternoon showers will finish your day around 3pm but by that time you will have done pretty much all the slides twice over!

wilfy
13-11-2003, 00:56
best time of the day during the summer. 1st drop of rain, everyone heads for the exit. Most time's 20 minutes later, shower over, heat still lurvely, and zilch people around.
[msncool][msncool][msncool] (of course heavy with the factor 30+)[msnmad]

janny
13-11-2003, 01:15
beware summit plummet a friend of ours went down it and you could still see the bruises 2 weeks later.

Daniel Ramsey
13-11-2003, 07:26
Check the official Disney website or any of the discussion boards about this winters rehab dates, this year I do know for a fact Typhoon Lagoon will be closed in Jan, it used to be BB but they swapped schedules.

Tracy
13-11-2003, 22:12
Typhoon Lagoon is most certainly our favorite, a really good all round family day out. Our children are 12, 6 and 3 and we usually have my parents in tow who are nearly 60, we all love going to this parkand all find something we enjoy.

My husband did Summitt Plummitt and he HAD quite hairy legs, he looked like he had been waxed, with just one stripe down the sides of his legs - it caused some amusement for the rest of us !

tinkerbell
16-11-2003, 15:00
Hi Tracy! Wow! I have to say, that I have done Summit Plummit a few times and had no problems apart from a big wedgie!

The slush gusher which is the wavy slide next to SP is far far worse! I have hurt my back so many times on that slide, but it's so much fun!

Tracy
17-11-2003, 01:19
Tink

You are incredibly brave, I haven't done it and can't see myself doing it in the distant future either. I much prefer watching the other half come down - who would make a really extra in Plant of the Apes without too much assitance from wardrobe - which could be where the waxing came from.

Our family favourite is Teamboat Springs !!

Shamu
19-11-2003, 14:28
Well, thanks everyone for all your replies!!! I think after reading those I won't rush to Summit Plumet, but sure will have fun watching everyone else........
I think I will stick to the wave machine....am a wus!!!

Cheers

Courtney[msnwink]

Nostromo
24-12-2003, 18:58
I echo most others' opinion that TL and BB are equally good, despite the latter having rather scarier rides. Both have a certain refinement about them compared to the rather tacky W&W. In fact, after just ine visit where we left early, my family and I agreed that we would not go back to W&W. Now we alternate between TL & BB during successive visits. As for Discovery Cove, I know that it is good and special, but we always travel in a big group and cannot afford to go there.

Daniel Ramsey
25-12-2003, 13:33
Blizzard Beach is open now, I wonder just how warm they actually heat the water? I'm caught between only going to Orlando in the winter and yet still wanting to visit the water parks and not be chilled. 2 years ago I was there in dec, everyday was at least 75-85, perfect sunny days, yet never did I go to BB or TL, this trip hopefully it won't be too cold in jan.

tinkerbell
05-01-2004, 21:01
Hi, I have just come back from 20 days in florida, and managed three comfortable days in BB!!!!!

Daniel Ramsey
06-01-2004, 13:43
The weather forecast is turning a bit more cloudy here in Orlando (yes I flew in saturday for 28 days) and the temps more moderate. I am going to check out any recent reports of the water conditions at BB, I bought the 14 day 5 park ticket, my son and I have used 2 days just going to Sea World and Universal.

tinkerbell
06-01-2004, 21:21
Water is heated at a constant 74 degrees all year round! it's great fun, and on the slides and things you dont even notice once you're having fun that you ever thought it might have been cold!

Ray&Sarah
30-04-2004, 03:07
Blizard beach is a laugh and haven't done typhoon lagoon. Summit plummit is a long way done and a major wedgie!owch![msnscared]

dynomike red
30-04-2004, 07:20
typhoon lagoon was one of the highlits of r holiday. the swiming with the sharks is just briliant, what made it was the fact that my 8 year old daughter took 15 mins to go in to the water, but once she was in she just didnt want to come out and in the end she was pointing out the hammer head sharks to me ,even when one came very close she didnt flinch[msnoo]SUPERB!:D:D:D
CHEERS
MIKE

amy
30-04-2004, 11:58
You cant beat the lazy river just lying there in the ring floating around the park, the cold water at the mans house wakes you up when you start to drift off to sleep and the water dripping from the cave roof.

dynomike red
30-04-2004, 18:47
And the kids with the water guns, they sure wake u up[msnsmile[msnsmile2]

bridget
02-05-2004, 15:04
We like Typhoon Lagoon best. Just relaxing on Castaway Creek and then off to the surf pool - it's brilliant! :D