PDA

View Full Version : Florida Traditions!

DisneyPrincess1986
14-07-2008, 02:48
Anyone have any particular traditions they stick to every visit to the sunshine state?

Ours is to always have our first meal in Florida in Pizza Hut :)

MarkJan
14-07-2008, 10:54
Yes!
Joy when arriving at villa to find guests have treated it with respect
6-8 rounds of golf [msnsmile2]
Carrabas [msntongue]
Meal out with our property manager to a new place each trip
Cry when going home [msncry]

LiesaAnna
14-07-2008, 11:37
yep.... have to go back to Johnny Rockets every trip, especially the one at Pointe..... got to have one of those to die for milkshakes!!!

chris c
14-07-2008, 11:57
Always have breakfast at the clubhouse on the first morning.

DisneyPrincess1986
14-07-2008, 11:57
I love Johnny Rockets! We always get a BLT Club Sandwich and a gorgeous strawberry milkshake! I've only ever been to the Pointe Orlando one...yum!

LiesaAnna
14-07-2008, 12:06
we have to go there each trip for a strawberry shake!! but have now discovered shake and steak (tips from here) and theyre just as gorgeous!!
there are other Johnny Rockets we have also tried one at the loop....not so nice there we thought...

luckylady
14-07-2008, 12:53
Yes
The list in endless.
Checking my homes to ensure they are ok.
Making a list of what is required to improve them.
Visiting Home Depot and Lowes very much a tradition.
Dining at our favourie restaurants, too many to mention.
Catching up with friends.
Shopping shopping and more shopping .
Visiting somewhere we haven't been before this has become a tradition.
Lastly the one tradition I hate, shutting the door on my home looking back as I get in the car,knowing full well my holiday is over and I MUST go to the airport.

DANESKA18
14-07-2008, 13:43
Yes - we always have to go the Downtown Disney for strawberries dipped in chocolate at the sweet shop (the name of which escapes me!!) Last time we went they had actually run out of strawberries and it just wasn't the same [msncry]

stabard
14-07-2008, 14:34
Yes here too [msnsmile2]

Stop at Walmart on route from the airport to get Chicken and salad for tea.
Run round the house with a big grin on my face cause we are back :D
Coffee by the pool as the sun comes up on the first ( and many other ) morning.
Vans Skate Park
Orlando water park.
Also there are the numourous trips to Home Depot and furniture stores for stuff for the house.

canarypam
14-07-2008, 15:56
Yes we always have to go to a restaurant staight away to have our first portion of Buffalo Wings which is usually Orlando Ale House.:D

Maria Knight
14-07-2008, 17:32
Every time we arrive at our second home we have to stop off at Publix for cooked chicken tenders and new york potato salad. We do this every time and it gives us a nice warm feeling inside.
Then, we start to unpack![msncool]

E. Cosgrove
14-07-2008, 18:09
Apart from the ones that are pertinent to homeowners, ours is always breakfast at Market St Cafe Celebration on the first day........and several other days as well [msnwink]

andy_d
15-07-2008, 00:04
We usually order in pizza as soon as we get there as we can't be bothered to go back out.Then its check around the house time and see if everythings there and undamaged.

Snapper
15-07-2008, 01:39
I have my favourite spot on the pool deck but I think that's more self indulgence than tradition.

One thing I can never seem to wait for is a Boar's Head Ultimate Sub from Publix. With some grain mustard. Mmmmmmmmm.

DisneyPrincess1986
15-07-2008, 21:29
i love the take out pizzas in the USA - they are delicious! Loving everyones traditions!

orlandochris
15-07-2008, 22:01
Buying more trainers than any bloke really needs (8 pairs on the last trip) is a personal tradition!!

A new tradition which we started on the last trip and aim to continue in September is going to the Rainforest Cafe in DTD on our last night. It will be extra special this time as we are taking my 5 year old niece with us.

Nielsen
16-07-2008, 01:12
Breakfast at Perkins on our first morning going into the parks.

niccola27
16-07-2008, 11:54
Snapper - I love the Boars head subs from publix as well!! Roast beef with american cheese and mustard for me!!! Cannot wait!!

Tracey
16-07-2008, 15:01
Didn't realise the Boars Head subs were so popular, we love them too.[msntongue]

DisneyPrincess1986
16-07-2008, 19:06
Our last night tradition is also to have a last look around everything, get a take out pizza and sit on the hotel balcony eating pizza and drinking bud light. It rounded everything off wonderfully!

becbecs
16-07-2008, 21:53
Yes our tradition even though we have been to Florida many times is to take the wrong turning out of MCO and get completly lost. :D

Seriously, We always head straight for a diner, either Carrabbas or Houlihans (As its on the way to the Villa) before we flake out at the Villa or soak in the pool. Plus a nice bottle of Red while the kids hit the TV Channels

[clap][clap][clap][clap][clap] [beer] [clap][clap][clap][clap][clap]

chrizzy100
24-07-2008, 07:24
Mine is cleaning the toilets and sweeping up bugs.....[msnoo]

CCollins
24-07-2008, 17:16
We have to eat @ Dennys on our first night - not sure why but it is now a tradition.

We also have to have at least 3 visits to Johnny Rockets!!!

sundowner
24-07-2008, 18:41
Apart from wandering around the villa with a big smile on my face !

Either the first or second night - dinner at Crabby Bills lakefront marina watching the sun set.

Each morning for at least 5 days until jet lag wears off - sitting by the pool at 6 a.m. with fresh brewed coffee.

Jules
25-07-2008, 10:33
Apart from all the usual homeowner stuff we always go to the Market Street cafe for breakfast on Sunday mornings.... and any other mornings that we can fit in :D

blott
25-07-2008, 11:27
First lunch is always at Dunkin Donuts - blueberry bagel with lite cream cheese, mango smoothie and a Boston creme donut. :)

And we always have a 'last supper' somewhere nice with friends to reluctantly say goodbye to Florida and to them [msncry] .... until the next time.

jaff
31-10-2008, 02:26
hit walmart......

Susan J
31-10-2008, 23:50
Outback on our last night -love the potato soup!
We always have a trip to the cinema, and Ghiradellis during our stay, and try to fit in Fish and Chips at Raglan Road -non food related things include a tripto the parks, and some waterskiing, and also include visits to and from friends.

daipp
01-11-2008, 20:09
On our first morning we ALWAYS go to the Crystal Palave for breakfast then off to Regal Sun to collect our hre car.

David

domster
03-11-2008, 17:51
Apart from the home owner ones that have already been mentioned above, we always make time for a visit to the mall to stock up on clothes!!!

another
24-01-2009, 12:18
I always take a trip to Disney Marketplace and buy a new Christmas Tree decoration!

MarkJan
24-01-2009, 12:27
Outback at Orlando International Airport.

Oceansplasher
24-01-2009, 14:08
Yes,

My wife also has the tradition of being on the lookout for another beautiful christmas tree decoration. My own tradition is to buy [u]another</u> pair of Teva sandals! Love em!!

Food related, I guess the tradition is first breakfast at Golden Corral.

nicseg
28-01-2009, 16:37
Can’t go without a trip to cracker barrel.
Nic

Mo Green
28-01-2009, 17:25
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by nicseg
Can’t go without a trip to cracker barrel.
Nic
[/quote]

We have to stop for a meal at Cracker Barrel on the way to our villa.

Mo

Magical Dreams
13-02-2009, 09:07
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by DANESKA18
Yes - we always have to go the Downtown Disney for strawberries dipped in chocolate at the sweet shop (the name of which escapes me!!) Last time we went they had actually run out of strawberries and it just wasn't the same [msncry]
[/quote]
It's the Candy Cauldron.

Ours is unpack and then off to Walmart.
We also make Magic Kingdom our first Disney park we visit!

lafifille
13-02-2009, 13:37
Every time I land in the US, in Florida and elsewhere:

As soon as possible have a peanut butter sundae with extra smashed peanuts and don't forget the cherry on top (hey, it's only once a year, who cares [:I])

First breakfast at Dennys (Lumberjack slam).
Next breakfasts : fresh bagels and/or blueberry muffins and/or doughnuts, we're in America after all.

First dinner tex-mex (and margaritas): Amigo's in Florida, Winter Park (hope it's still there) / Margarita's in Kansas City downtown / Viva Mercado's in Las vegas / Salpicon in Chicago.

Last dinner tex-mex. And probably some more in the middle tex-mex if time allows. :D:D:D

Last personal tradition, even if it's not in Florida: when in Kansas City I always go to the Hallmark Visitors Center and spend hours chosing cards for the next 200 occasions :D. Hallmark originates from KC, the place is huge, several floors. It's silly, I know. They have loads of X-Mas decorations too, and come to think of it I've always bought at least one, wherever in the US. Wow....
Do they still have this X-Mas shop at Disney? It was funny to be standing there in the middle of July.

kelleak
24-04-2009, 18:19
We always go to Wendy's on our way to the villa, then next morning an all ou can eat breakfast in the Golden Corral. Our last night tradition is a game of crazy golf in Disney then off to downtown disney for an icecream. Love it Love it Love it!!! 3 weeks to go Yayyyy!!![clap][msnsmile2]

rhys
24-04-2009, 19:42
It's the Outback on the 1st night for us, I get the lamb.

rogerdunnaker
24-04-2009, 20:12
Perkins and Manny's

caroline
24-04-2009, 21:40
We always have our first breakfast in Bob Evans and we have to find at least one new restaurant that we really like on each trip - last trip was Blue Zoo!
I always try and buy a Christmas decoration, over the years we've had some stunning tree baubles and also some mad musical toys - including a singing turkey!
On the last morning Dave always has to have 'one last swim' before we leave the villa, so I always have a wet towel and his trunks to deal with!

kitch50
02-09-2009, 21:39
Hi
Like Caroline I ALWAYS get another Christmas decoration or 5 [xmas1] and Gary always likes to take one last swim before we go home.

bubble88
03-09-2009, 00:44
Yes-Run round Walmart shopping for foody bits evean tho most of it ends up in the gurgla (waste disposal) on the way back home....First breakfast at Dennys as my dad says "for a civalised steak and eggs breakfast lol"

Lyn
03-09-2009, 02:39
Drop the luggage at the villa, go to Walmart buy all the non essentials like egss, milk, bread[msnsad] and pick the essentials wine, chicken tenders and potato wedges. Back to the villa and chillllllll[clap][beer][clap][beer][clap]

Andrena
13-09-2009, 01:54
On our first morning we go to Perkins for breakfast - we love their potato pancakes with bacon and apple sauce. We go the one on 192 near Old Lake Wilson Road and the staff are so friendly, most have been there for years and always say, welcome back, how long are you staying this time..

Andrena

lkeeley
13-09-2009, 17:51
Yep - An all you can eat breakfast the morning following our arrival. We are all starving by then.

Helen0705
18-09-2009, 16:10
Yes our family tradition is either have a Dominos pizza delivered or a Chinese the first night we arrive at the house.
Then a very early breakfast the next morning at the Southern Dunes Golf Club.
Then off to Publix's to do our food shopping .
There are so many of our favourite restaurants that we like to visit but Manny's Chophouse has to be one of the best !
Or The Cheesecake Factory
Or The Outback
Or Brava
Or Carrabba's
The list goes on !!!

GaryfromBarry
06-10-2009, 21:11
Sit out by the Pool, look out over the lake and take a big contented sigh.

Ben Jorell
30-10-2009, 10:45
First day breakfast at Dennys.Walmart trip to stock up. Winn Dixie for a whole barbecued chicken. Beer and cashew nuts to digest while waching american football. Childrens first visit to Downtown Disney - Lego shop + wonderful world of Disney.

randyj
18-01-2010, 04:25
we unpack then head out to the best applebees at berrytown for my garlic mashed potatoes and shrimp and steak,mouth watering, then over to publix for food and supplies and relax around the pool for the rest of the day enjoying happy hour, since our flights are always out around 6am and have to be there early for customs. then arrive in florida by noon

HannahD
19-02-2010, 16:57
Get to the villa, head straight for the pool and order a pizza :)

kateydoodles
06-04-2010, 17:39
Me and my dad always run for The Hulk on the first day we go to IOA- we're there at opening and absolutley sprint to get on the first ride of it!
Also, we always try and get my little brother to ride on Big Thunder Mountain, and he always manages to psyche himself up and queue for it. Then, just as we're getting seated for it, he'll start freaking out and have to be let off the coaster! It's entertaining to say the least, as he's 14 years old now!!

tony2000
10-04-2010, 08:12
We always have our first breakfast at Denny`s
Tony

DisneyPrincess
04-06-2010, 14:00
Our last night we usually have a round of crazy golf on I-Drive, followed by cold bud's and takeout pizza on the balcony or by the pool. Perfect way to sum up a fantastic holiday! :D

My other half treats himself to a customary cigar too [xx(]

9 weeks, 5 days to go! [clap]