PDA

View Full Version : Will it ( RAIN ON MY PARADE )

cannybiz
11-11-2003, 15:44
Hi everyone, not long now before the 30th Dec and then I am off for the first time. May I say that it is great reading all comments and browsing through everyones photos, (BUT) the big but, everyony seems to mention the weather and how it rains. of course this will not deter me, BUT will it RAIN ON MY PARADE in January. Thank you

Tracy
12-11-2003, 00:51
Although it does rain, it is usually still warm and blows over relatively quickly

I am certain that this will not stop you from enjoying your vacation. We will be over at christmas (our second trip at christmas), it is a while (6 years), since our last christmas trip, if I remember rightly we did see some rain, but not lots, some days it was jeans and tee-shirts, but most days we did manage in shorts and tee-shirts, it is cooler in the evenings though.

Have a great trip and ensure you update us all on your return

esprit
12-11-2003, 07:54
January is a relatively dry month, can be chilly but dry. Most of the rain falls in Summer when there can be large amounts of thunderstorms. Though of course you are only looking at probabilities here and you can get the odd shower at any time. This is why Florida is beautiful and green and lush and not dried up, grown and arrid like some other hot countries are.

Shamu
12-11-2003, 16:03
You are going to have a fantastic time!!!! I live in Florida but have returned to the UK until Xmas Day when I fly out again. The weather hasn't been so good the last week from what my fiance says but last night he said that the sun has come out and it is gorgeous!!! Yes, it will be dry and cool, but brilliant. By the way you must go to Seaworld, it's the best park but Animal Kingdom is not far behind!!!

You will have a great time

Courtney:)

poet123
12-11-2003, 20:07
we are hoping to go to florida in july but friends who went last year said it rained and rained for 10 out of their 14 days. Is it not a good time to visit?

Shamu
13-11-2003, 14:04
I would strongly reccommend not going in July....it does rain pretty much every day from about 2pm. The weather is still hot obviously but it is always overcast. Plus, all the parks will be so busy you spend all your time queueing for rides. You are far better off going in October as the weather is a lot sunnier but still hot!!

Enjoy

Courtney[msnsmile]

fiona
13-11-2003, 14:39
We usually go every summer because we have one daughter still at school and are unable to go at Easter due to work committments.

We like to go for 3 weeks, so going for half terms are not feasible.

Some summers are brilliant and some are unfortunately rather wet and overcast. This year appeared to be worst than usual.

wilfy
13-11-2003, 15:37
I would agree that this year was worse than usual, we had 2 weeks at the end of august. 1st week, and 1 day in particular it threw it down for 55 mins. :( 3 hours later it was totally dry:). Year before, we only had rain on 3 days:):)

chrizzy100
13-11-2003, 18:49
quote:Originally posted by fiona

We usually go every summer because we have one daughter still at school and are unable to go at Easter due to work committments.

We like to go for 3 weeks, so going for half terms are not feasible.

Some summers are brilliant and some are unfortunately rather wet and overcast. This year appeared to be worst than usual.

My realtor said it was a very wet summer this year........but that they needed the rain badly........

poet123
13-11-2003, 19:55
We cannot go any other time really than july I am now uncertain what to do!!! It seems though that a lot of people do go as virgin are almost fully booked!!!! help

wilfy
13-11-2003, 20:26
Do you have to fly direct? Virgin (code share with continental) + BA fly direct from here, along with the charter airlines. If you don't mind an extra couple of hours or so travelling, check out the US carriers, or even KLM from amsterdam, Iclelandair etc. The past couple of years we've flown with Delta, mainly because we go at easter and once we flew into minneapolis with NorthWest; Missus,kids and moi in our shorts, -5 degrees didn't we look the tourist.[:0] (But on arrival at orlando 70 degrees. Lovely.). Now we make point of flying first hop to a not-so-cold place at this time.

shazbat
17-11-2003, 23:10
We have been across in December a few times now--we like it at this time because for one thing,the parks are usually quiet and there is no humidity in the air-perfect weather for theme parking! There is usually very little rain at this time of year-far less than the traditional summer months!Also,it is great to see all the houses decorated with xmas lights--the Americans really do go to town when it comes to xmas decor.I'm sure you will have a fantastic time
Shazbat.