PDA

View Full Version : Will it ( RAIN on my PARADE)

cannybiz
11-11-2003, 15:38
Hi every one, it is absolutely great reading everyones comments and browsing through all your photos.
Dec 30th is coming very quick and getting excited,BUT the big but, Florida just seems to be a very rainy place.
Of course I will make the most of this holiday, because it is not often you fly to the other side of the world to the states, WILL IT RAIN ON MY PARADE in January. Thanks

SunLover
11-11-2003, 16:23
Hi there

I wouldn't give the rain a second thought.

We have been going to Florida for about 12 years now, and our favourite times to go are either January or November. The weather is usually great, mid to high 70's, and the lines at all the parks are much shorter during these times.

You may get the odd shower here and there, but generally speaking, you should have a trouble free and dry vacation.

Enjoy ! :)

chrizzy100
11-11-2003, 18:48
quote:Originally posted by cannybiz

Hi every one, it is absolutely great reading everyones comments and browsing through all your photos.
Dec 30th is coming very quick and getting excited,BUT the big but, Florida just seems to be a very rainy place.
Of course I will make the most of this holiday, because it is not often you fly to the other side of the world to the states, WILL IT RAIN ON MY PARADE in January. Thanks

Most of the time we go in Dec.....I think we've had rain just for a few hours in 2 weeks....one morning it rained real hard and the weatherman said it would stop at 8:30....and it did on the dot.....

langley
15-11-2003, 16:44
Hi

We have been to Florida several times and enjoyed the holiday for what it was, if you are there for a fortnight you will probably see a bit of rain !!! but it shouldn't last long, as the others have said you may get the odd shower.

Have a briliant Parade and don't forget you have 14 days to choose a dry one !!![msnsmile2]

Carol

hej23
11-03-2004, 20:04
We have allways had good weather in December/January
Forget the weather and love the place

dhussey2
03-04-2004, 20:23
I think that of all the times I have gone to Florida, April, May, December, June, the most rainiest has been June by far. Both Junes we have gone it has poured. We had to carry rain slickers with us but we tried not to let it ruin our vacation.

All the other times we've been, we've had small showers maybe, but then the sun would come out.

Going again in June this year as these are graduation trips for neices and nephews. I am definitely carrying around my rain slicker.

Anyone else had this experience in June?

Dianne[msnscared]

Ray&Sarah
03-04-2004, 23:56
Thats the start of the rainy season isn't it? It rains most days in July & August too. The rain clouds gather about 4-5pm and will usually ahng for the rest of the evening. Not that it spoils our fun though.[msnsmile2]

04-04-2004, 01:12
Even in July/August they are quick most of the time.

If you gat a hurricane passing up the east coast it sucks the moisture out of the air and the afternoon storms cease for a while!

jovi
21-06-2004, 13:34
We went this year May 23rd -June 6th and towards the end of our holiday the weather went really sticky and we had thunderstorms and rain (mostly at night though) Thunderstorms are great to film.

daxon
21-06-2004, 14:26
Been in January and Feb this year and the weather was really pleasant, not too hot and no rain. We go in August with the family & its generally REALLY hot until the rain comes at about 4.00pm. By that time we're grateful for it & the storms are spectacular!!
Dawn

oakdale
21-06-2004, 15:07
[msncool]Hi,
I will be in Orlando from 2nd July 4 3 weeks, and I am now
worried that it is going to rain a lot.
I fit rains in the evening will it last all night long, if so does
that mean that you would have to stay indoors.[msncry]
Thanks Anna.

blott
21-06-2004, 16:51
Rain in the summer months is normally a short, sharp burst and it usually soon clears up and the sun comes out again. It's very much unlike the rain in the UK (or Ireland) where it starts and doesn't know when to stop! ;)

Don't worry, you'll have a great time!

Bigblue33
05-08-2004, 00:58
we were there 17-31 July. I think it rained 4 times while we were there, "showers" each time and they lasted 30mins to an hour. All were heavy but I only had to drive in 2 of them...talk about heart in your mouth![:0]
Still here to talk about it though [8D]

Don.

CarolAnn
11-08-2004, 18:46
We have been going for 12 years now:DBeen in Jan once, no rain at all,but....It was VERY cold. I had to buy clothes while there, but the sun was out everyday[8D]Once I had the right things with me, it didn't spoil our trip at all, though there was no pool time that year!!:(