PDA

View Full Version : Busch factory beer tasting

esprit
14-03-2002, 23:25
You can do this at Seaworld or Busch Gardens. We did it at Seaworld on a hot day when we were dying for some air con. The tasting sessions take place at set times during the day so check your show times guide. You have to do application forms asking for your age etc ( you know how keen they are with boose) though no ID needed for anyone looking over 30 ( unfortanately we do). 16 year old was allowed in with us but as a spectator only.

Basically you get a talk and a film on the history of Busch, brewing methods etc and you get to do a jokey quiz. The good part is when they come round and fill the four or five small glasses in front of you with various brews. They then ask questions about the beers you have tasted based on what you have seen on the film. Finally you 'pass the beer school' and get a joke certificate.

The best part is the bar outside. You can basically go back to that as many times as you like for seconds. They restrict the amount you drink by serving it in small glasses and relying on the embarassment that would be felt at going back too many times!! But I am sure you could leave some blokes there until after Shamu Rocks. Good gift shop too with Busch tee shirts and bottle opener keyrings.

They made their money out of me as one of the beers I tasted was Doc Otis, a lemon flavoured alchopop type girly beer, which I have since bought by the bucket load in the US though I've never managed to find it in the UK.

Julie Carty

imported_n/a
15-04-2002, 21:14
Have to agree about the "hard lemonade" as the check out girl called it, although it seems to be called Docs in over places. Very refreshing and you really can't tell its alcoholic - is that why we end up drinking so much??

The gift shops clothes are of very high quaility and a jacket bought many years ago is still going strong. Have bought T-shirts at SeaWorld for the girls when they have accidentally got wet (I don't think!) and these too have washed and washed. Recommend these and at $16-$20 a great gift for family back home.