PDA

View Full Version : Music on Aerosmith's Coaster

Nostromo
10-11-2003, 21:14
I am a bit concerned about what type of rock music they have on Aerosmith's Rock'n'Roll rollercoaster. Is it OK for kids? My niece is from India and perhaps brought up rather more conservatively than the average Western kid. Is the music likely to offend?

caroline
10-11-2003, 21:26
I'm sure it wouldn't offend anybody - it is after all Disney:)

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
10-11-2003, 21:31
I recall hearing the music but don't remember many lyrics so perhaps the lyrics are intentionally left out...I may be wrong though...only managed to go on the ride once to date as the children are still too small for it.

caroline
10-11-2003, 21:58
I think you maybe right John:)

wilfy
11-11-2003, 00:01
I have been known to listen to aerosmith on occasion, [msncool] and i do remember that they played 2 songs.. "Love in an Elevator" and "Walk this Way". They are most certainly rock tracks, cannot remember any of the lyrics though. A look on the search engines should find 'em. Mind you as this is roller coaster in the dark, i didn't spend much time listening...

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
11-11-2003, 00:30
I've seen Aerosmith live a couple of times too Wilfy :).

I would have thought the "Love In An Elevator" could be construed the wrong way as it keeps mentioning "going down, down, down" with lots of inuendo although I don't recall hearing the words on the ride. [msnembarrased]

Plus the ride is very fast and I would not have thought you would be concentrating on the music at all - it's just a background to add ambience to a very fast and exciting ride.

wilfy
11-11-2003, 01:14
I'm hopeless at remembering any lyrics, i just mumble along. Also on this particular ride, i didn't hear much of anything as our daughter was screaming in me lug 'ole[^][^]

chrizzy100
11-11-2003, 01:29
quote:Originally posted by wilfy

I have been known to listen to aerosmith on occasion, [msncool] and i do remember that they played 2 songs.. "Love in an Elevator" and "Walk this Way". They are most certainly rock tracks, cannot remember any of the lyrics though. A look on the search engines should find 'em. Mind you as this is roller coaster in the dark, i didn't spend much time listening...

I could just run up the road and ask......some of the band members have homes here on the Cape......[msncool]

sarahjk
11-11-2003, 14:42
Cool [8D] can you get their autographs then only kidding that is so uncool

I am mad on Aerosmith they did my all time favourite record the theme to Armagedon I Dont Want To Miss A Thing I love the song and the movie

Some of the songs are quite riske but like everyone else has said I dont think that you hear much of the lyrics to worry about

Sarah[msnsmile]

chrizzy100
11-11-2003, 19:11
quote:Originally posted by sarahjk

Cool [8D] can you get their autographs then only kidding that is so uncool

I am mad on Aerosmith they did my all time favourite record the theme to Armagedon I Dont Want To Miss A Thing I love the song and the movie

Some of the songs are quite riske but like everyone else has said I dont think that you hear much of the lyrics to worry about

Sarah[msnsmile]

We never know until one of their houses was burned down in a week of fires we had.......its was also nice to know that I own a house worth more than a rock stars.......[msncool]

I think one or two of them have weekend houses here.....I can't tell you which ones because I'm not a great fan.....

sarahjk
12-11-2003, 01:30
quote:We never know until one of their houses was burned down in a week of fires we had.......its was also nice to know that I own a house worth more than a rock stars.......

Now that would be cool [msncool][msncool]
you dont just get to name drop but you can brag about the price difference tehe:D

chrizzy100
12-11-2003, 01:47
quote:Originally posted by sarahjk

quote:We never know until one of their houses was burned down in a week of fires we had.......its was also nice to know that I own a house worth more than a rock stars.......

Now that would be cool [msncool][msncool]
you dont just get to name drop but you can brag about the price difference tehe:D

I found a link to it in the newspaper.....

http://www.seacoastonline.com/2002news/5_13_sb2.htm

sarahjk
12-11-2003, 13:44
I have had a look at the link what exactly is a three alarm fire is it the level of destruction [:I]

mikewj
12-11-2003, 17:04
I'm fairly sure that they play Dude Looks Like a Lady, which as the name suggests, is about a transvestite/transexual.

The lyrics to one verse are :

Backstage we're having the time
Of our lives until somebody say
Forgive me if I seem out of line
Then she whipped out her gun
Tried to blow me away

That's about as offensive as Aerosmith get. They're fairly tongue in cheek about that sort of thing.

Nostromo
13-11-2003, 03:22
Well, thanks people. I think after reading all this we'll give Aerosmith a miss. My 9 year old niece thinks very highly of her uncle (me)..perhaps undeservedly... but I don't want to risk upsetting her. The family are a bit old-fashioned. After all, there are lots of other coasters in Orlando.