PDA

View Full Version : When you fill up....

sammibabe
18-06-2008, 01:34
and you prepay does that the pump automatically stops? Thanks.

Hutchy
18-06-2008, 01:44
Yes it should

neilbrunton
18-06-2008, 01:45
Yes it does. It is pre set by the attendant.

Also be aware that the colour of their pumps is different to ours. The garage I filled up at had green pumps for diesel and black for unleaded. I had 2 litres of diesel in the car before I realised.

Neil

sammibabe
18-06-2008, 01:51
Thanks Neil, that's good to know. I hate using garages abroad - if we could get through 3 weeks without filling up I'd be really happy but that's not likely to happen!

tommycatz
30-04-2009, 01:06
I filled up recently and forgot the price of gas cheaper than the UK. I pre paid $40 then filled the tank up costly $19. My wife had to go back and ask for the change. Very embarrassing. [msnembarrased]

MarkJan
30-04-2009, 02:01
The pump will slow up quite a bit as you approach your pre-paid amount.

Mr G
30-04-2009, 02:12
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by tommycatz
I filled up recently and forgot the price of gas cheaper than the UK. I pre paid $40 then filled the tank up costly $19. My wife had to go back and ask for the change. Very embarrassing. [msnembarrased]
[/quote]

I did the very same the first year we visited Florida, went in paid about $30 over the counter went back to the car and managed to get about $15 in before it cut off.

Sheepishly back into the shop and was given my refund with a grin and comment "first time in the US eh?"

I also still..... occasionaly walk to the wrong side of the car usually first time at walmart and nearly get into passenger side [msnembarrased]. I usually get away with this by just kicking all four tyres as if I am checking the car as I walk round it[msnembarrased]

another
11-05-2009, 16:00
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:
I did the very same the first year we visited Florida, went in paid about $30 over the counter went back to the car and managed to get about $15 in before it cut off.

Sheepishly back into the shop and was given my refund with a grin and comment "first time in the US eh?"

I also still..... occasionaly walk to the wrong side of the car usually first time at walmart and nearly get into passenger side [msnembarrased]. I usually get away with this by just kicking all four tyres as if I am checking the car as I walk round it[msnembarrased]
[/quote]

First time we were there I asked my husband why he hadn't filled up when he got back in the car [laugh]. I think it was about $14! He said he had and he had even looked to see how much he had put in the car just to make sure that it was feasible that it was full!!!

wilfy
11-05-2009, 20:38
I now always prepay with cash at $20 a time, as i got fed up trying to use my american express in gas stations. It may have been my luck that all those i tried on our past 4 visits don't take american express.

flyrr100
14-05-2009, 19:12
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by neilbrunton
Yes it does. It is pre set by the attendant.

Also be aware that the colour of their pumps is different to ours. The garage I filled up at had green pumps for diesel and black for unleaded. I had 2 litres of diesel in the car before I realised.

Neil
[/quote]

Neil... Are you sure you want to admit this on a public forum?