PDA

View Full Version : Thunderstorms - Stupid question!

clairemca
17-06-2008, 20:17
What do you do if you are in one of the parks and there is a thunderstorm?[msneek]

ShirleyD
17-06-2008, 20:29
Have something to eat till they pass

LiesaAnna
17-06-2008, 20:54
run for cover or stand still:D

ellie
17-06-2008, 21:02
There are plenty of places to take shelter. They normally shut the water parks if there is a prolonged storm, but they give out advice to you.

As Shirley says, its an opportune moment to find something to eat or drink. [msnwink]

dawn
17-06-2008, 21:53
Or a great excuse to look in the shops - the parks are excellent about keeping you informed

MarkJan
17-06-2008, 22:09
Buy a cape and walk through the rain!

mfairhurst
17-06-2008, 22:28
You can shop until you drop or eat at all the good eating places and it will pace and then it dries up quickly .
MAUREEN
www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Albert the Frog
17-06-2008, 23:31
Time for hopefully a funny story-we were in Jurassic Park in Universal thinking we had a great spot for the fireworks when the heavens opened and they cancelled them-I was in T shirt and shorts-We sheltered but then security came and asked us to leave as the park was closing-I asked for the manager as i told them they had a duty of care to provide covered transport to the gate (hey, I was desparate)-They looked at me like I had just crawled out from underneath a stone and drove off-so I made a dash for it-took the cover off a fast pass machine, put it over my head and headed for the gate-at the gate I took it off and handed it to the bemused gate staff-we then got back to the van, all of us absolutely dripping wet and soaked through- I drove-steaming myself dry and everybody else stripped off to their underwear and stayed that way to the villa-great fun![msnsmile2]

Lynne S
17-06-2008, 23:59
LOL, great story Bob. Did the cover make you walk like a penguin though ?[msnwink]

E. Cosgrove
18-06-2008, 00:41
Thunderstorms usually pass quickly. Sometimes you will be indoors queueing for a ride or watching a show and you will only know that there has been any rain cos the ground is wet and a few people will still be wearing rain capes.

There is loads of indoor stuff to do, especially at places like Sea World and Epcot.[msnsmile]

chrizzy100
18-06-2008, 02:14
Sometime staff will not let you leave a shop or ride if the storm is really bad...you really should stay undercover like in a shop not under a tree...we were stuck in one shop in Seaworld for over an hour...

Albert the Frog
18-06-2008, 02:21
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Lynne S
LOL, great story Bob. Did the cover make you walk like a penguin though ?[msnwink]
[/quote]

I walk like a penguin anyway!

ellie
18-06-2008, 03:21
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Albert the Frog

Originally posted by Lynne S
[/quote

I walk like a penguin anyway!

Not like a frog? [msnwink]

CarolAnn
18-06-2008, 19:36
Cant remember the last one we were caught in [clap] Oh yes I do, it was Typhoon Lagoon, over 5 years ago[8D], we had queued to go on the family raft ride, hubby (who doesn't do water!! Yeah in a water park...go figure) was even going on... and lightening was forcast so they got everyone out of the water, closed the park! He has never been up for going on it since! Think we took him shopping, so he wont tempt fate :D:D Not sure if it even rained that much in the end, but they do take your safety seriously..and your needs to pop to the shops occasionally[msnwink]:D

munster redarmy
19-06-2008, 22:18
hey do we what we do if its not that bad keep going as when it stops you dry up straight away its just like going on a water ride and you wouldnt cover up on this or most of us wouldnt ha ha

clairemca
20-06-2008, 20:54
Thanks for your replies everyone, some good stories!