PDA

View Full Version : Days Inn - Idrive Convention Center

joshwpg
16-06-2008, 23:12
Hey everyone, I'm coming in to florida July 17-21 and have reservations at the Days Inn on I-Drive. I would like anyones opinion, clean/dirty? How's the area? Etc... Not going to be staying at the hotel except for sleep.

Kazzie
17-06-2008, 00:38
Hi Josh,

Welcome to the forum[msnsmile], I am not too sure you will get many replies from people that have stayed there as this forum is more about Florida villas[msnwink]

ShirleyD
17-06-2008, 02:59
Wecome to the forum Josh :D

I Drive is a very busy area with many small and large hotels packed in. I have never stayed here, but if like most Days Inn's around the US, it will be basic, reasonably clean and probably a little dated.

Give me a large sunny room in a villa any day [msnwink]

chrizzy100
17-06-2008, 04:57
I've stayed in some really cheap motels in the USA just for sleep and they are for the most part fine...not stayed in a Days Inn for a while...my parents use them s lot...but like the Holiday Inns the best if staying for a longer time...

SteveandJan
17-06-2008, 13:52
I have stayed in a Days Inn along International Drive for a night before our villa was available and I would never ever stay there again, although the room was clean, I think we had one of the better rooms, it was so old and dated and I felt very unsafe there. The biggest mistake I ever made was booking the Days Inn. It is very busy and noisy along I-Drive and we were lucky to have a room facing the pool but if you had a room backing onto I-Drive, I doubt you would get much sleep. I should have looked at [website link edited] an online review site before booking, it will give you an honest opinion of guests who have stayed there. Sorry to disappoint you but it is a honest account of my experience.

You can book villas for short stays and they are only 20 minutes or so from the convention centre.

Nina A
17-06-2008, 14:16
Hi Josh, It may be too late for this trip but for your next, why not consider renting a villa from one of the sites on this forum?

Out of curiosity I checked the rates at Days Inn. It was $232 for 4 nights in one room, max occupancy 3 ($19.33 pppn). I then looked for a 3 bed 2 bath villa (sleeps 8 max) at random on the Orlando Villas site for the same time. It was $700 for a whole week ($12.5 pppn)!!

Most villa owners will rent for a few nights and especially if you need more than one room, the space, privacy, fully equipped kitchens, own pool and so on, makes renting a luxuriously appointed villa rather than staying in a cramped basic hotel room a no brainer.

Andy & Arlene
17-06-2008, 17:20
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by SteveandJan
I have stayed in a Days Inn along International Drive for a night before our villa was available and I would never ever stay there again, although the room was clean, I think we had one of the better rooms, it was so old and dated and I felt very unsafe there. The biggest mistake I ever made was booking the Days Inn. It is very busy and noisy along I-Drive and we were lucky to have a room facing the pool but if you had a room backing onto I-Drive, I doubt you would get much sleep. I should have looked at [website link edited] an online review site before booking, it will give you an honest opinion of guests who have stayed there. Sorry to disappoint you but it is a honest account of my experience.

You can book villas for short stays and they are only 20 minutes or so from the convention centre.
[/quote]

We also had one night in the Days Inn on I Drive, while waiting to go into our home. The first room was absolutely disgusting, including smelling of damp. After complaining we got offered another room. Not any better, it still smelled of damp and the place was falling apart. The bathroom was so bad that I couldn't even bring myself to have a shower. Luckily it was only for one night.