PDA

View Full Version : Simpsons Ride

jojo
12-06-2008, 18:02
Has anyone been on the Simpson's Ride yet? Was going to avoid Universal this time round but my kids have got wind of this new ride and I want to know if it is worth a visit?

Zigzag
12-06-2008, 18:16
Well worth the visit,we were there last week,get there early or the queues are v.long.Fantastic simulator ride.

MarkJan
12-06-2008, 22:00
I hate simulator rides as I generally feel sick on them. I didn't on the Simpsons ride. A ciouple of moments of sweaty palms but I loved it. A great ride.

MaisyMouse
30-06-2008, 20:49
The Simpsons ride is simply the Back to the Future ride with a different theme. It is a great ride, I loved it and the tip about getting there early is a good one.

However, that said, I was disappointed in Universal. It has always been one of my favourite parks but it looked really dated this time around. Also, as there are so few major rides there now (they are building Harry Potter World aren't they?) the queues are really long.

I heard the Mummy Returns ride is brilliant too.

Pegasus928
01-07-2008, 14:22
I don't agree that there are too few major rides in Universal.
Simpsons, Men in Black, Jaws, Twister, Mummy Returns, Shrek, Jimmy Neutron - plus the others aimed at a younger audience.
As for the Simpsons ride my son insisted we did this quite a few times as he is a big fan and not really into roller coasters, so we were just pleased he had found something he would do. However 2 of the times we went on it it broke down as we were queueing up, and we ended up waiting in the same place for an hour each time. The second time this happened the woman in front of us left, saying that this was the second time that day the problem had occured.
Hopefully they have ironed out all these bugs by now.
Kenny

sammibabe
02-07-2008, 00:40
The Mummy ride is fantastic - I loved it. I'm really dreadful on rides and as we queued up I got scared and left (walked back through the queue!) Then I decided to have another go and actually got on and it was brilliant. Defiantely recommend it.[clap]