PDA

View Full Version : AA Route Finder - is there a US equivalent...

SeanT
04-06-2008, 14:19
..as above. I've looked around on the web but can't seen to find any good ones.
Basically just want to key in a start location and end destination and check the route (we won't have sat nav).
Thanks

Sean

steph_goodrum
04-06-2008, 14:35
[name edited] is the one I usually use. Not sure if there are any prohibited links on there so wont post the link but its the usual [name edited] should find it.

Clare R
04-06-2008, 14:35
[website link edited] an online map service should suit your requirements.

SeanT
04-06-2008, 15:33
Thanks for the replies, thats exactly what I was after [clap]
Cheers
Sean

ellieboxer
04-06-2008, 16:00
Hi
Also try Rand McNally.

We also used Google earth for our last trip, I know its not up to date but worked really well for us, especially as it does a virtual drive when you ask for directions.
Ellie

Mo Green
04-06-2008, 18:54
Rand McNally is excellent for planning trips in the USA. Not only does it give you excellent detailed road and city maps but it also allows you to name and save your trip online.

Mo

Robert5988
04-06-2008, 19:03
I find problems with most of these 'Start to Destination' instructions and they are not a patch on a good map.

I wanted to go from 60 miles SE of Orlando(Melbourne area) to Sanibel.

When I put in major roads/freeways preferred it routed me past Orlando to E4!! and down the Gulf coast adding some 80 miles to the trip(as well as some of the most conjested freeways(with tolls) in Florida.

When I put shortest route preferred, it routed me through towns, instead of a bypass, just to save a mile and all manner of minor roads - completely useless.

A map showed the obvious route.

TrishT
04-06-2008, 22:36
google is excellent for the usa as it can also give you 360 degree pictures (photos) of what junctions look like in places [name edited] seems to be there equivilant of multimap
mapnation is quite easy to use

there are loads to be honest and most seem to use the same resources

jolliffee
05-06-2008, 02:25
Google & MSN have excellent maps and directions.[msnsmile2]