PDA

View Full Version : clearwater activities

Elaine62
22-05-2008, 18:29
We are looking to do a glassbottom boat ride if possible whilst in Clearwater, is there one we can get that leaves close to Pier 60? Are they any good?

Also I have read there is a small train you can get that tours the area, is this worth doing?

Thanks

Elaine

Tone Arranger
25-05-2008, 16:19
We stayed in St.Pete's Beach a few years ago and my recollections are :-
There was, I think, some sort of yellow submarine which offered glass-bottom views.
The train you mention shuffled up the coast for a few milers, then back again.
These are my recollections, and I know that overall we thought both were "ok", reasonably pleasant ways to spend a bit of time around CLearwater, neither were 'exciting/wonderful', but both were decent fun.
What I do remember as the best bits of CLearwater, on a short visit, are :-
The pier and sunset, nice to sit / wander around etc.
My favourite, the Sea Screamer (there is a separate thread on this site about the Screamer) - a big really powerful speedboat, you get wet, you get excited, and best of all you usually (we certainly did) get dolphins swimming and jumping, playing and swimming right next to you in the wake of the boat. We sat in the back and they literally were playing right beside us, swimming and jumping at high speed for many minutes.
Further down the beach, the hurricane restaurant at St.Pete's Beach was good fun.
My recollections go back 4-5 hrs so things may have moved on - hope you find something useful in my comments.
Tony

Tone Arranger
25-05-2008, 16:21
Sorry I should have made it clear in my last message - though we stayed in St.Pete's Beach all my comments except the hurricane restaurant relate to Clearwater.
Tony