PDA

View Full Version : Cumbrian Lakes

Y
06-11-2003, 01:15
Hi,

After looking at various villa areas we particulary like a villa situated at Cumbrian Lakes. Has anybody got any information about this area? Including topics such as how long it takes to drive into Disney and what the area is like.

Thankyou,

Yvonne.

blott
06-11-2003, 03:16
Hi Yvonne

Cumbrian Lakes is just a short distance from our home on Poinciana Boulevard and is approximately 10 mins to the Disney area. It's not far from Highway 192 with all the shops and restaurants and there are local ones too within a few minutes drive and it is also near Green Meadows Petting Farm.

Hope this helps.

Y
06-11-2003, 17:33
Hi Blott,

Thanks for your reply.We stayed at the Villas of Somerset in 1995 and I think if I remember rightly that was on the corner of Highway 192 and Poinciana Boulevard near to Perkins.
At the time Poinciana Boulevard didn't seem to lead anywhere but things have obviously changed
We were wondering if you carry on driving across Highway 192 can you get on to the Osceola Parkway and drive into Disney that way and thereby avoiding most of the traffic lights on the 192.

Thanks.

blott
06-11-2003, 17:48
If you haven't been to that area since 1995 I think you'll find a whole heap of changes! Yes, you can use that route to get to Disney and it's probably the quickest one from Cumbrian Lakes (unless a Cumbrian Lakes homeowner knows a better route).

Have a great time!

markfried
31-01-2004, 10:28
I have just had my first visit out to Cumbrian Lakes after my parents decided (back in November) to buy a property there for spending some of the year now that they are both retired.

As regards the way of getting to disney, I decided to go up Poinciana Blvd, over 192 until the end of Poincina and go on the 535 North. Go up ther efor a bit and turn left at a big junction with a Ponderosa near the corner (it will be signposted as being I-4 west/south (can't remember what it said but it is to Tampa) and then you go past I-4 and just keep going.

Mark