PDA

View Full Version : Travelling to clearwater

Elaine62
18-05-2008, 18:04
Is it worth getting a satnav for this journey or is it straightforward to find?

Elaine

florida4sun
18-05-2008, 18:13
To get to Clearwater is as easy as navigating to any large city. Satnav will certainly help but more so for specific street locations. The thing with satnav is that it will cut out the risk of getting lost and wasting time. when you going somewhere for a day and you get lost for an hour or so, that is quite a chunk of time that has been wasted.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Elaine62
Is it worth getting a satnav for this journey or is it straightforward to find?

Elaine
[/quote]

kitty
18-05-2008, 19:32
Hi we hired a sat nav from this site and used it for clearwater beach,even though it seems straight forward theres always a chance you might take a wrong turn and end up in the completely[msncool] different direction,especially when youre on the way home,just press home and relax

neild292
19-05-2008, 17:29
Personally I find it useful to have a Sat Nav as there not as many direction signs in the US as there are in the UK. With the SAT Nav you can just relax without having to worry too much

Neil and Sharon

Magical Dreams
25-05-2008, 04:08
We used our Sat Nag to go to Rotonda.

Even though she talks a lot (of course), she spent some quiet time on the Interstates!!:D:D

We never travel in Florida without one.

Elaine62
25-05-2008, 15:32
just read on another forum site that they are much cheaper in Walmart (roughly $150) has anyone bought one there? How easy is it to download UK maps when we come home and are they free?

Thanks

Elaine

des
26-05-2008, 01:17
Just got back today would def use sat nav we used a couple of times to get a diffferent route due to jams on I4. Ave just bought a tom tom one from walmart for $158 there is no room to put uk maps on with deleting us ones.

MarkJan
26-05-2008, 23:52
Even if you know your way around, I like to use Sat-nav to give an indication of arrival time. As for the question about Clearwater, pretty easy to find but I agree with Martin, for the cost it isn't worth wasting time not going straight to your destination.

cymro
27-05-2008, 12:15
I have a tom tom one, with the uk maps loaded. Bought a new sd card and dowloaded the us maps for £29.00 . I can now take my tom tom with me , with the us maps pre downloaded. Also my home destination has been programmed as our villa when we arrive.