PDA

View Full Version : Anyone who has been Dc with swim

madmumof2
16-05-2008, 21:52
Hiya. We are going for a dolphin swim and have a few questions.

1. Is there someone to film the whole swim and take pictures, or do you need to do that all yourself?

2. If there is, how much does it cost for the pictures and video/dvd?

3. Do you get allocated a time as you walk in or do you need to arrange it beforehand?

4. For everyone who has been for the swim, would you pay the huge amount to go again? Is it worth it?

I'm definitely booking it as I think it will be a once in a lifetime thing, but is it good enough to pay for again?

Thanks in advance for any answers!

Gem

christhear
16-05-2008, 21:59
It been four years since we went but I'll try and help you out.

1. You can purchase a photo package and or DVD of youor swim. It is very hard to film it yourself as this really needs to be done in the water and non-swimmers can not go in to take th epictures.

2. I have no idea of theprices as these would have changed, but it was not cheap.

3. Our time was allocated on arrival.

4. Will probably do it again in 3 or 4 years time

madmumof2
16-05-2008, 22:12
Oh great, I was hoping someone else could do that. How much is not cheap? I don't think there's a price I wouldn't pay for that to be honest. :)

Kazzie
16-05-2008, 22:18
Hi Gem,

We did the dolphin swim last year and it really is awesome.

You can choose which of any of the photos that you want, we chose the package with the DVD, a couple of mounted piccies and you get some key rings with photos. I agree that they are not cheap to buy but worth it.

When you arrive you register and they take your photo for your pass, they also give you a time for your swim.

Dont forget that all your food and drink is included in the price. There was a pretty good choice for breakfast and lunch and you can help yourself to snacks and drinks all day long. There is plenty of other things to do too besides the dolphin swim.

Personally I am not making any plans to return at the moment as I think it would make the day we had a little less special.

madmumof2
16-05-2008, 22:27
Yeah I can understand that. We may go just the once and savour it. Probably go again when we've forgotten how good it was lol

That's great about the food and drink! I just thought it was a breakfast and drink. I can't wait to swim with the rays and fish too. I can't think of a more amazing day. :)

steph_goodrum
16-05-2008, 22:40
can't remember when you are going Gem but if it is the summer have you looked at the Twilight experience? I'm not sure of the price difference but it is from 3-9 on selected dates between June and Sept and they only allow 150 people in so an even more intimate experience than the 1000 on a regular day. You get an evening meal and entertainment with that one as well and I only had to read as far as chocolate fountains before I was hooked on the idea.

Michele L
16-05-2008, 22:53
Fantastic experience. I went with a friend and we paid about $60 for some photographs. Just remember that in the cooler months it is not as warm in the salt water. try to book a time in the middle of the day if you can, in the Summer it is much warmer.

I then went back and did a non-swim day which was just as good (some of our group swum with the dophins and we took photo's but to be fair they were not as good as the ones I had the first time as you cannot get as close)

I loved the bird sanctuary where the birds flew down and took food from a little pot in your hand.

All in all worth every penny
Michele

madmumof2
16-05-2008, 22:54
It will be the summer yes. Not for a while mind lol. Is the twilight experience the same as the day with a meal instead of breakfast? Is is the same price? If it is, I'll try and book a session nearer 3, so it's still light enough for pics and dvd. That would be great only having 150 instead of 1000!

madmumof2
16-05-2008, 22:58
$60!? That's not bad at all! I was expecting about £50 for photos and another £30 odd for the dvd considering what they are.

Lesley S
17-05-2008, 01:00
We went last year, and we have planned to go this year, well worth the money. We have paid the extra as well to include Sea World, Busch Gardens and Aquatica for an extra $50 usd for 14 days unlimited access.

we bought the DVD and some photos about $100 for the lot, well worth it.

sammibabe
17-05-2008, 01:31
Been chatting to a friend of mine who has recently been and they bought the most expensive package of photos, DVD and a CD rom with all pics taken on the day for $200. She said trhe food was superb. They had snack wagons aroung that you just go and ask for whatever you want and for lunch she had lobster salad, yum[msnsmile2]

charkyry
19-05-2008, 04:37
i bought cd of pics had five prints 2 keyrings and dvd whole lot was under 200 dollars

LiesaAnna
19-05-2008, 11:34
Hi Gem,
sounds wonderful, we have just booked a surprise birthday package for us and our daughter who will 13, managed to get the actual birthday itself..... dont care really how much its cost as this will be a one off for us....so far the total is about 700GBPs think he said on the phone $1400 then added on the birthday package....im so hoping Laurens gonna like it.....wont mind the cost of the photos even tho Russ will film and take pictures, they will be absolutely wonderful, something special to remember forever[clap]
when you hoping to go Gem? ours is september 2nd:D

florida4sun
19-05-2008, 12:23
Keep in mind that there is no swim session, they call 'a wade session' which presume means you get to pet them. I would do the day as 1000 people is nothing in park of that size.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by madmumof2
It will be the summer yes. Not for a while mind lol. Is the twilight experience the same as the day with a meal instead of breakfast? Is is the same price? If it is, I'll try and book a session nearer 3, so it's still light enough for pics and dvd. That would be great only having 150 instead of 1000!
[/quote]

madmumof2
22-05-2008, 15:52
Oh I'm not going or a while yet! lol Check my first thread. :D I'm just starting to save up for it all now, so a long way to go yet, but soooo worth the wait. I feel I'm getting a little obsessed! lol I'm noticing new rides all the time, so that'll be at to be able to go on those too.

I just hope they don't get ri of any more great rides (back to the future :( before I get the chance to go again.