PDA

View Full Version : 40th birthday meal suggestions

debbie
05-05-2008, 14:32
Hi,everyone,
We have been to Magic Kingdom a few times, but have only ever eaten at counter service restaurants.
This year we are visiting on my 40th birthday - 5th August.
Where would you reccommend we go for a birthday celebration?
We were planning to park hop and go to the Prime Time Diner ,but have decided to buy 10 day base tickets instead, so we will be eating somewhere in Magic kingdom.

Debbie

florida4sun
05-05-2008, 14:41
I would go for one of the hotels for a special meal. Either Citricoes or California Grill. The food places in the parks are ok but not really for a special meal.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by debbie
Hi,everyone,
We have been to Magic Kingdom a few times, but have only ever eaten at counter service restaurants.
This year we are visiting on my 40th birthday - 5th August.
Where would you reccommend we go for a birthday celebration?
We were planning to park hop and go to the Prime Time Diner ,but have decided to buy 10 day base tickets instead, so we will be eating somewhere in Magic kingdom.

Debbie
[/quote]

caroline
05-05-2008, 15:02
Magic Kingdom is a 'dry park' so no alcohol in any of the restaurants. I'd hop on the monorail and go to one of the restaurants Martin has recommended.

debbie
05-05-2008, 22:26
What a good idea, I hadn't thought about the hotels, I thought I would have to stay in magic kingdom for the day because we are opting for base, not hopper tickets.
Off to study some menus.....

Debbie

Team Thomson
22-09-2008, 19:25
Boardwalk for several good quality restaurants. Disney yachtclub "yachtsmans steakhouse" is our favourite and Spoodles, Flying Fish etc.

kirsty

florida4sun
22-09-2008, 19:42
You can come and go from the same park with a base ticket:)

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by debbie
What a good idea, I hadn't thought about the hotels, I thought I would have to stay in magic kingdom for the day because we are opting for base, not hopper tickets.
Off to study some menus.....

Debbie
[/quote]

freddiehollie
25-09-2008, 01:03
Yachtmans Steakhouse at Yacht & Beach Club Resort is one of our favourites[msntongue][msntongue]
Be sure to book though as it gets quite busy.
Try the lobster bisque, followed by the porterhouse steak. Awesome!!!! Great value if your on the dining plan[msnwink]

Team Thomson
25-09-2008, 01:16
If I can remember how to post a picture I will try post a steak picture from Yachtsmans, they are huuuuuuuge!!!

x

christhear
25-09-2008, 01:34
If you are going on your birthday be sure to take some photo idea with proof of your birthdate. It appears that you can get a gift cerificate (good for that day only) in equal amount to that of a one day ticket. Could help towards some birthday treats.
Here is the thread regarding this http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic_47431.asp