PDA

View Full Version : Daily Car Rental

DISNEYDIVA
04-11-2003, 14:41
Is it possible to rent a car for only one day while in Orlando ?
If so, is there a collection point on the 192 ? and would it be bookable prior to the visit or during ?
Hope you can advise. Thanks [msnscared]

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
04-11-2003, 14:46
You can rent for a day but you will probably find the minimum charge is a week's rental. There is a Dollar pick up point on the 192 at the Rodeway Inn just west of the intersection of the 192 and the I4. You will need to pre-arrange the booking as they do not carry a stock of vehicles at this location.

DISNEYDIVA
04-11-2003, 15:05
Thankyou for your help, there are several places i would like to visit that are not covered by the free transportation so it may be cost effective to hire one for the second week and hope son-in-law offers to drive !;)

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
04-11-2003, 15:21
That's a good idea Lesley. He will find driving in the US is very easy and comes very naturally. We always find it a struggle to adjust when we come home to the UK ;).

David
09-11-2003, 22:53
Hi Lesly,
You should try www.virgintravelstore.co.uk for one day car rental. They have cars from £20 for a basic model up to £38 for a minian or convertible including the standard ldw's etc. They use Dollar and locations for pick up include the Courtyard by Marriott Lake Buena Vista and the Holiday Inn 6615 International Drive. Hope this is of some help.
Regards
David

DISNEYDIVA
09-11-2003, 23:35
Hi David,
Thanks for that link, I have just had a look at it. The price is very good and as we booked with Virgin it would keep things simple.
We could use the free hotel shuttle to get to International drive for collection/delivery (its a bit cheeky) but to pay for a taxi to collect would cost as much again. I will investigate further through our tour operator (my niece works there!)[msnwink]
Thanks, Lesley.

chrizzy100
10-11-2003, 02:22
quote:Originally posted by DISNEYDIVA

Thankyou for your help, there are several places i would like to visit that are not covered by the free transportation so it may be cost effective to hire one for the second week and hope son-in-law offers to drive !;)

You could try renting for the weekend....that works out cheapest for us.....:)

DISNEYDIVA
10-11-2003, 02:50
Chrizzy100, that might help because I want to go to Celebration on a Saturday. Given that it will be in early October 2004, Columbus day will fall within our trip, although i dont know what day, i believe some things will be closed so might effect collection/delivery days.
Thanks, Lesley.[msnsmile]