PDA

View Full Version : Clearwater Beach

garjb
12-03-2002, 05:09
We always seem to end up here, the kids love it.

It only tool us 90 minutes from door to sitting on the beach. Avoid Spring Break (easter) - its too busy then.

(I have a great picture I took with the digital camera - not sure if I can post pictures here)

Garjb

carole7007
12-03-2002, 12:33
Would love to see the picture if you can post it.

If not could you send it to me attached to email.

This is somewhere we keep saying we will try, but not heard any reports good or bad. So we kept going to places recommended.

We will try it this year.

Carole & Keith

esprit
12-03-2002, 18:52
It is a very beautiful beach. However we are not the only people to think so. On a warm Sunday in August, the queue across the causeway to Clearwater was phenomenal( mainly locals on a day out) and it was really difficult to find somewhere to park. Go on a week day if you can.

Julie Carty

tinkerbell
01-04-2002, 04:37
One time when we went to Orland, we stayed two weeks in Disney etc, then we spent a week in Clearwater, and it was heaven! The water was so warm, and we had our own private beach in front of a hotel. some lovely places to eat out in the evening too. Definitely reccomended!

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
01-04-2002, 14:23
We've stayed in Clearwater Beach on two seperate holidays, for a week each time. It's great to relax after a hectic week in Orlando and the beach and sea is just perfect.

John & Sarah Rooke
Orlando Villas

chris
04-04-2002, 13:42
We spent one night in a hotel at Clearwater and fitted so much into that one day. The tugboat dolphin encounter was really good. You go through the bay on this boat but it is so low in the water you can nearly touch the dolphins who just suddenly appear from nowhere.
We also went paragliding. I didnt like the man in charge as he said he would dunk us but I didnt have my swimsuit on so said no dont and he did anyway. I hated spending the rest of the day in wet pants (English variety!).

Chris

esprit
07-04-2002, 13:39
Has anyone been on the Clearwater Screamer? ( it's a boat before people start making rude responses!!!)

Julie Carty

tinkerbell
07-04-2002, 16:42
I have to say I've never heard of the Clearwater Screamer dispite having been there twice!

Anyone else????

jewell
07-04-2002, 17:57
I'm sure it's a speedboat ride, but bigger than your average speedboat, of course!!!

Haven't done it - yet!

Steve and Sandra

casperdje
05-08-2002, 23:42
we were hoping to finish our holiday there in easter 2003 we could still extend our disney villa for the remaining 4 days and do day trips to both coasts if that would be more sensible?your advice would help thanks david and teresa
quote:
We always seem to end up here, the kids love it.

It only tool us 90 minutes from door to sitting on the beach. Avoid Spring Break (easter) - its too busy then.

(I have a great picture I took with the digital camera - not sure if I can post pictures here)

Garjb

dave and teresa

tinkerbell
06-08-2002, 16:39
If you just want to see these places out of interest, then yes, you could base yourself in Orlando for these extra days, however, you may regret it once you get to Clearwater!!

Cocoa beach etc, great for a day but I wouldn't see any real need to stay any longer, so maybe the best of both worlds would be to extend your villa stay by 2 days and spend the last 2 in Clearwater??

Tink

ian
06-08-2002, 20:29
Totally agree - sorry Cocoa!
We had a day at Cocoa beach last year and it was fine. But when we are at the villa and looking for a beach to go to for a day its off to Clearwater for us. Its a nice drive from there down to St.Petes and then you can go a bit further and cross the fabulous Skyway Bridge - and yes its easy to do in a day, so would agree with staying at the villa in Orlando.
Ian

imported_n/a
05-09-2002, 00:48
We are thinking of having a few days in Clearwater next year. Can anyone recommend a hotel/motel to stay on/near the beach?
Jane