PDA

View Full Version : Been invited for Thanksgiving dinner .........

phaedra
04-11-2003, 13:10
Hi all :)

As we arrive in Sunny Florida on the 27th our friends in Spring Hill have invited us for Thanksgiving dinner on the Friday (28th). Is there any special gift that people usually bring on these ocassions or will the usual flowers and bottle of wine be OK?.

If anyone can recommend a good place around the 192 to get a bouquet either on Thursday night (we arrive about 8:30pm) or Friday it would certainly help :) I was looking for something in the $30 - $50 range.

blott
04-11-2003, 14:36
Oh lucky you! You can report back to us Brits first hand all about Thanksgiving dinners and the menu.

I doubt you'll find any flowers around on the Thursday as that's Thanksgiving day and most places will be closed apart from 24 hour supermarkets, etc.

You can order flowers online to be delivered for you which would be nice as your hosts can have a bit of time to get them arranged before your arrival. Whether you decide to collect them or have them delivered, check on AOL.com yellow pages for local florists, lots of whom have online ordering and payment and this is cheaper than sending anything via Interflora from UK. You can also get a chance to look at the type of flowers and arrangements available.

phaedra
04-11-2003, 15:11
Thanks Blott, off to look now :)

bellaepovera
04-11-2003, 23:54
I ordered flowers on the internet from Kissimmee Florist on Oak Street for mothers day from Italy and they did a very nice job as they show examples on the Internet that you can pick from.

chrizzy100
05-11-2003, 04:17
quote:Originally posted by phaedra

Hi all :)

As we arrive in Sunny Florida on the 27th our friends in Spring Hill have invited us for Thanksgiving dinner on the Friday (28th). Is there any special gift that people usually bring on these ocassions or will the usual flowers and bottle of wine be OK?.

If anyone can recommend a good place around the 192 to get a bouquet either on Thursday night (we arrive about 8:30pm) or Friday it would certainly help :) I was looking for something in the $30 - $50 range.

A bottle of wine seem to be the done thing.:)
Maybe you could get one at the airport....