PDA

View Full Version : tolls

cymro
29-04-2008, 12:43
Hi,

Me again, seems I have nagging questions everyday, so I apologise if I am getting on your nerves.

Picking hire car from Alamo at MCO then travelling to Davenport. Will we encounter tolls on the way? How much are they ? and if they have to be paid with by coins, do they have machines that change dollar bills?

caroline
29-04-2008, 12:48
If you take the 417 from the airport (and then join the I4) you will go through 3 or 4 tolls (from memory) they are all about 75c or a dollar and are all manned so you can get change - they won't change anything larger than a $20 bill though. So if you only have large notes buy something at the airport and that way you'll have some change.

kitty
29-04-2008, 13:00
If you havent got your dollars yet,ask for a few dollar bills,that will cover you the first few till you have some change.We saved all our change up during the holiday especially for the tolls going back to the airport,then alls you have to do is put the relevant change in the machine in front of the booth.[msncool]

cymro
29-04-2008, 13:08
again I thank you all.

Fourdents
29-04-2008, 13:17
I always get some change at the airport shops when I arrive.

There is one un-manned toll coming off the 417 Exit onto the HWY192 @ Celebration. 75cents so coins are handy

Welcome too....there are several members from Wales on OV

becbecs
29-04-2008, 13:26
If you take the Beeline Express way route from MCO to Davenport then the US192 past Disney you will need a total of $1.50 as you have 2 tolls of 75c each. Unless they have been increased.

But they were 75c each when I was out in February.

caroline
29-04-2008, 13:34
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Fourdents
I always get some change at the airport shops when I arrive.

There is one un-manned toll coming off the 417 Exit onto the HWY192 @ Celebration. 75cents so coins are handy

Welcome too....there are several members from Wales on OV
[/quote]

But you wouldn't use this exit for Davenport[msnsmile]

Linicia
29-04-2008, 13:37
It depends where you are staying in Davenport, and where you come off the SR417. The first two tolls are $1 each and are manned. The next one is $0.50 and not manned, but you only go through this toll if you are exiting the SR417 to go onto the 192 near Celebration. If you carry on a bit further to exit the 417 where it joins the I4, the toll is $0.75. That toll is usually manned but it would probably be better if you had the right change as I seem to remember that sometimes it was unmanned.

Have you been given your driving directions yet? When we owned our villa, I always gave full instructions, including precise information about toll charges, to our guests in plenty of time before departure.

cymro
29-04-2008, 14:18
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:[/quote] It depends where you are staying in Davenport, and where you come off the SR417. The first two tolls are $1 each and are manned. The next one is $0.50 and not manned, but you only go through this toll if you are exiting the SR417 to go onto the 192 near Celebration. If you carry on a bit further to exit the 417 where it joins the I4, the toll is $0.75. That toll is usually manned but it would probably be better if you had the right change as I seem to remember that sometimes it was unmanned.
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:[/quote]
Have you been given your driving directions yet? When we owned our villa, I always gave full instructions, including precise information about toll charges, to our guests in plenty of time before departure.

Have only just booked villa so instructions will be sent when I pay the balance. As this is my first time, trying to get as much info as possible, Staying in Elderberry Dr Davenport. I must say the dealings with the owners has been brilliant, which is a testament tou your site

caroline
29-04-2008, 14:35
I think Elderberry Drive is on Four Corners (right next door to us on Calabay Parc) so you would take the 417 from the airport then onto the I4 and exit at junction 58, then through Champions Gate turn onto the 54 and then onto the 27 for about half a mile. Using this route you won't go through any unmanned tolls. It's a really easy route and I'm sure you'll have no problems[msnsmile2]