PDA

View Full Version : The Stents are back

Kissyme
03-11-2003, 19:22
Well we have been back 2 days and already missing the place.
Flight from Gatwick with Virgin took off on time and as usual excellent flight and we felt well looked after, arrived Orl Int at about 4.30pm found it busier than we expected (half term I expect)got our cases and car and set off. Found the office where we had to pick up the keys very easily and from there found the house,WOW it was was fab just behind Splendid China (first time in a house)beatiful and clean and the pool was just like getting into a bath !! Did all the parks during our two weeks but as this is our 4th time out here we were quite selective about the rides and park hopped a lot.
WDW great as usual but the boys found it a bit boring as they are older now Thunder Mountain closed (shame)space and splash mountain great as ever.
Epcot Had to drag the boys out of the new games bit after a few hours but gave us a chance to wander round the different lands without being moaned at
MGM again good park but busy so had to fast pass Tower of terror great now it`s just lapbelts.
IOL Best park in our opinion I went on Dr Doom for the first time and could`t stop raving about it the view from the top in great.Had to fastpass again at this park this cost $15 per person so a bit of a rip of but what can you do when every thing is at least a 50min wait time. Bluto and popeyes bilge rat barges closed(bummer)
Busch + Seaworld very good Kraken seemed slower this time
Now to the best park DISCOVERY COVE
Superb day to see all boys huge smiles when the met and swam with the Dolphins absolutly pricless and me try-ing to be brave and swimming with tropical fish which incidently are not shy at all caused huge amusement to the kids was actually amazed when the park shut as it felt that we had`nt been there that long
Ant way enough ranting from me except to say that we ooked at a couple of houses while we were there and our next goal is to own our own house so we can soak up as much of the Florida sun and atmoshere[msncool]

Harmony
03-11-2003, 19:38
Sounds as if you had a great time Kym. Think hard and do alot of research if your considering purchasing in Florida as it's not all sun and fun being an owner. I know from experience.:(

Jeff

melfrank
03-11-2003, 21:29
Don't you think you should be strapped in on Bilge Rat Barges?

Oscar1
04-11-2003, 08:55
Good to hear you had such a good time, we have 3 weeks left befor we go back to Florida.
I agree with Jeff you have to do all you research befor buying a villa.
Once you have bought your villa you must spend alot of time looking after your investment. We have been lucky and had good advice and were told right from the start that you have to put 100% into it.
My advice would be is go to one of the Homes over seas exhibitions to get an idea of locallity and prices.
We have budgeted our villa on Zero bookings ie. If no one stays in the villa we can easily still pay for it.
I dont now if anyone else agrees with this.
Again happy to hear about your holiday

Oscar

Lesley S
04-11-2003, 13:13
Glad you had a good time. There is a lap belt on the barges, so you do get strapped in.

athurstance
04-11-2003, 14:31
Great to hear you had such a good time.
I love the bilge barges - nothing like getting totally soaked in the afternoon. We do all the 'wet' ride together - once you've got wet you really don't care although we do look a bit silly walking round the park dripping wet we are never the only ones.

Kissyme
04-11-2003, 19:03
I agree that a lot of research is involved and at the moment it is only a dream but one which I shall pursue the only drawback is the money or lack of:(