PDA

View Full Version : CRISIS Married lady & single man( share a room )

cannybiz
03-11-2003, 17:49
Hi everyone, I am with a party of 10 flying out to Florida Dec 30th, but I have a dilemma and looking for advise, at the last minute there was a name change, but unfortunately the way the rooms are working out in our hotel the Quality inn, is not going to be appropriate. You see it is a single gentleman who came in on the holiday,
But it is down for hom to share with a married woman. obviously they can not share, and he has offered to pay for other accommodation on arrival, but he is on a tight budget, what with the last minute booking,
And the Quality Inn rates for our 21 night stay is going to work out a little expensive for him, we are on I/D. can anyone give us advise on cheap hotels.
I feel a little saddened because it is our first holiday to Florida, and we can not get excited because of the worry on arrival, and unfortunately all the rest travelling are couples, so sharing once again is out of the question. please can anyone help. Thanx Kathy

Carla
03-11-2003, 17:58
Contact the hotel direct, and tell them of the situation. Also tell them that if they are unable to help then you will have to move your entire booking to another hotel that will be more accomodating. This may help them to "help" you more.

New Year is high season, but the rest of your dates aren't, so they should be able to come to some arrangement for an extra room at a lower cost, as I doubt that they would want to lose 21 nights for 5 bedrooms in January. If they offered you the 5th and 6th bedroom at half price, that would work out the same cost for your party.

What about seeing if you can get 2 x 3 bedroom homes or a 6 bed for your entire stay? This will probably work out much cheaper for all of you.

florida4sun
03-11-2003, 18:10
Why not rent a large house or two small ones. You will have more room, more bathrooms and much more relaxing time than staying in the quality Inn, which is nothing more than a motel. I wold think it would work out cheaper too.

martin

quote:Originally posted by cannybiz

Hi everyone, I am with a party of 10 flying out to Florida Dec 30th, but I have a dilemma and looking for advise, at the last minute there was a name change, but unfortunately the way the rooms are working out in our hotel the Quality inn, is not going to be appropriate. You see it is a single gentleman who came in on the holiday,
But it is down for hom to share with a married woman. obviously they can not share, and he has offered to pay for other accommodation on arrival, but he is on a tight budget, what with the last minute booking,
And the Quality Inn rates for our 21 night stay is going to work out a little expensive for him, we are on I/D. can anyone give us advise on cheap hotels.
I feel a little saddened because it is our first holiday to Florida, and we can not get excited because of the worry on arrival, and unfortunately all the rest travelling are couples, so sharing once again is out of the question. please can anyone help. Thanx Kathy

cannybiz
03-11-2003, 18:38
Thanks Carla and Martin for your reply, but we have all already paid, so we all can not go elsewhere
quote:Originally posted by Carla

Contact the hotel direct, and tell them of the situation. Also tell them that if they are unable to help then you will have to move your entire booking to another hotel that will be more accomodating. This may help them to "help" you more.

New Year is high season, but the rest of your dates aren't, so they should be able to come to some arrangement for an extra room at a lower cost, as I doubt that they would want to lose 21 nights for 5 bedrooms in January. If they offered you the 5th and 6th bedroom at half price, that would work out the same cost for your party.

What about seeing if you can get 2 x 3 bedroom homes or a 6 bed for your entire stay? This will probably work out much cheaper for all of you.

phaedra
03-11-2003, 20:42
Cannybiz, which Quality Inn are you staaying at?, the one at 2930 Polynesian Isle Blvd has standard double rooms for £19.17 a night (based on Dec 30th to Jan 20th if I've got your dates right!).

melfrank
03-11-2003, 21:46
I would advise you to hire some villas.Much more comfortable.

cannybiz
04-11-2003, 03:04
Thanx for your reply Jeff, all I know its I/D I believe we are next to a large Mcdonalds, and yes you did have the right dates.
quote:Originally posted by phaedra

Cannybiz, which Quality Inn are you staaying at?, the one at 2930 Polynesian Isle Blvd has standard double rooms for £19.17 a night (based on Dec 30th to Jan 20th if I've got your dates right!).