PDA

View Full Version : Davenport courses

titansfan
18-04-2008, 09:46
This is a link that should include all of the golf courses in and near Davenport and basic info on them. [edited out as it contains villa links]

Might be helpful

Chuck[msncool]

peterB
18-04-2008, 12:00
Very helpful indeed ! Thanks very much. Any personal recommendations from this list for a novice golf player ? We were thinking of Polo Park since this is a 9 hole course. Anyone been there ?

titansfan
18-04-2008, 13:55
Polo Park is an executive course, which means it is basically a par 3 course with, I think, 2 short par 4's thrown in. We played there a couple of years ago, and I really wouldn't reccomend it as it is very tight with houses close on all sides.

I haven't played but a few in the area but I would reccomend both Highlands Reserve and The Legends Course in Clermont. Both are pretty wide open, very little water and really not that much sand on the Legends. Although it is a little farther to drive to get to The Legends, it has a nice GPS system and is a better bargain. Don't recall the exact price per round but I believe it was somewhere around $35 US.

I am planning on calling some of the other courses and getting a general price, if I get a pretty good list I will post them.

Chuck[msncool]

peterB
18-04-2008, 14:11
Thanks, Highland reserve will be just down the road for us and prices look very reasonable. Will let you know how it went in about 3 weeks.

MarkJan
18-04-2008, 16:02
For a beginner, I would suggest Polo Park East would be ideal. Although there are houses around, pretty much all the holes are mid to short irons off the tee.

Legends can be difficult for a beginner.