PDA

View Full Version : Have Kids Make a Face

MMFAN
12-03-2002, 01:42
Given that EPCOT may be the least appealing to the kids, a good way to get them to have a good time while touring the country exhibits is to have them participate in the 'face' activity. Starting with either Canada or Mexico (depending which way you go), they get a flat stick with a paper face on it. At each country they can add something to the face that represents that area. In China they even write the child's name in Chinese on the face. My kids (7&11) loved it, and I finally got to see France.

Ruth
12-03-2002, 01:47
I agree, my kids (now 4 & 6 years) make one each time we visit Epcot & really enjoy doing this.

Ruth

imported_n/a
13-03-2002, 20:11
This year they are doing Decorate a Star at the Kidcot Fun Stops - one in each country. The kids use a piece of art material from each country and design their star which represents their dreams. They can then give it to the Dream Catcher in the Tapestry of Dreams Parade.

Really does keep young ones interested.

imported_n/a
23-09-2002, 01:57
Also, get the kids to ask the staff members in each country to say something in their own language and if they can tell them what their name would be in their language - quite funny - especially Japan!

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
15-12-2002, 14:45
We had not planned to go to EPCOT b4 our trip but went on the spur of the moment. We had a lovely relaxing tim as the park was extremely quite. We happened upon the Kidcot Station in Italy quite by chance. the children loved making a harlequin (aged 2 & 4. Then from behind the station came masked performers who danced and acted in front of us as we tucked into to beautiful Italian Ice cream. One of the performers tried to engage our two year old who was a bit disconcerted, however, after she was given one of the actors flowers she even kissed the mask.

Quite lovely and the music was excellent.

B4 going to EPCOT again I will do some homework and check showtimes etc.

The restaurants looked good, Italy seemed to be catering for corporate hospitality clients when we were there.