PDA

View Full Version : 100 years of Disney

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
01-02-2002, 01:51
It would have been good old Uncle Walt's 100th birthday in December. As a celebration, Disney have a wonderful parade. I'm normally not one for the parades, preferring the rides, but it is very magical and I have to admit to a tear in my eye.

It is on until November 2002.

If you have seen it what did you think? Am I just a sentimental old fool?

Sarah

-----------------
John Rooke

steph_goodrum
12-02-2002, 12:17
Sarah
Have they changed the date for the finish? I was under the impression it was until the end of December, as with all the WDW celebrations, their "year" always seems to be 15 months, from October 1 year to December the next. It's obviously a marketing strategy to get 2 lots of Christmas guests into 1 celebration. I hope they are continuing later as we aren't out until Dec.

steph

orlandobabe
12-02-2002, 13:45
It has to be a bit more than a parade to drag me into Disney-but having said that-old habits die hard and we usually end up doing one of the parks on our visits.
Having said that I think the Electric Parade was awesome-so if this new one is as good as that-then no doubt we'll give it a whirl!

Orlandobabe

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
12-02-2002, 17:32
Steph

It might have been December - if they have any sense it will as they will miss the Christmas visitors!

We liked the Animal Kingdom parade too (I'm starting to sound like my parents as they loved the parades when we went to the Magic Kingdom in the late 70's).

John

Edited by - floridadreamvilla.co.uk on 12/02/2002 13:33:09

Tracey
13-02-2002, 15:48
You're not the only softy,John.
The lump in my throat was quite hard to swallow too.

Tracey

Ken and Julia
13-02-2002, 23:44
The Parades an the past 3 or 4 years have not in my opinion been upto the standards of the old parades.

I must admit I did not rate the one in December at all

always look on the bright side