PDA

View Full Version : Golf Tournament

titansfan
17-04-2008, 10:19
During the peak tourist season, late May through August, there is an ongoing 2 person select shot tournament going on in Myrtle Beach. It is promoted as a family fun tournament and my son and I have played in it several times while on vacation.

It takes place at a different golf course in the MB area everyday Monday-Friday. The rates are under $30 per person and kids under 16 play free, so it truly is a great family function. There are special brackets for those teams that include kids on them and designated tees for kids, ladies and seniors. There are prizes, small trophies or plaques I think, for first place and I believe that it is usually flighted. From what I have seen the response is very good as every time I have played the field has been full with people being turned away on a couple of occasions. I won't advertise the website because I am not trying to advertise it, but it is out there for anyone who can use google.

I was just thinking how great it would be to have something similar in the Disney area. I know while Davenport/Kissimmee area down't have the number of courses that there are in the MB area there still might be enough interested courses to do something like that on a smaller scale, perhaps one or two tournaments a week.

I believe there are enough villa owners on this forum to perhaps organize it and start it. Who knows it might be as big as the one in MB and be another great reason to vacation in the area. Just some random thoughts.

Chuck[msncool]