PDA

View Full Version : whats the weather like in mid jan

bobikins
03-11-2003, 03:19
we are going to orlando mid jan anyone know what the weather is like shorts or trousers also are the water parks open

blott
03-11-2003, 03:38
Usually it's really sunny with little rain and the temperature is around an average high of 72F with an average low of 48F, so a mixture of both sorts of clothing with a jacket too as it's chilly in the early mornings and evenings.

Disney water parks are open all year round as is Wet 'n' Wild.

Have a great time!

kathrynanncooper
03-11-2003, 03:43
When we have visited in Jan/Feb we have usually found that one of the Disney Water Parks has been closed for a few weeks for maintenance but there is still plenty of choice of water parks open.

Have a nice vacation!

esprit
03-11-2003, 04:15
Some days shorts, other days a coat never mind trousers.It can go cold when the wind turns so it is coming down from Canada. Either way, nights can be chilly. It went below freezing for a few days last January/ February.

hamptonlakes
03-12-2003, 16:30
I think it is Blizzard Beach which is closed well it was closed last week

Funshine
03-12-2003, 21:04
Bobikins - Firstly, Welcome to the Forum!!

January weather can vary tremendously. We were there from January 8-22 this year and had an assortment of weather. We had some really beautiful days where we could sit by the pool and enjoy the sun, but we also experienced some very chilly winds too. My advise would be to take your shorts (you'll definitely need them) and also pack a pair of trousers and maybe a sweater too. I'm sure you'll be wearing a coat or jacket when you leave UK anyway - although I can assure you - it will be warmer in Florida than the UK!

January is also a quieter month so you'll get to see the parks without too much waiting.

Have a great time [8D]

Daniel Ramsey
06-12-2003, 19:04
For the month of jan Typhoon Lagoon will be closed and Blizzard Beach will be open, Disney swapped refurb dates as there was needed work to do at TL this season.

Fergie
09-12-2003, 23:02
ooo *imagines the warmth* I can't wait to move there. It's gonna feel so good to finally get out of Pittsburgh and to Orlando which I love. I was just standing outside for 2 hours today and I was freezin cold, I locked myself out(lol). But anyways, Just a couple more months and then I'll be down in Orlando! :)

Daniel Ramsey
10-12-2003, 08:20
I am hoping for generally moderate days under 75, because I'm from Alaska the average temps for me are 50-65, anything warmer would be OK for hitting the water parks. Exactly two years ago I was in Orlando for two weeks, almost everyday was over 75, it was almost too much to handle so thats why I decided to visit this january hoping for a little bit cooler weather.
:D
Now people can cry foul that they want warmer temps.....but whats "cool" to most people is really "hot" to me!;)

Besides I got 4 weeks to just sit back anyway by the pool.[8D]