PDA

View Full Version : Custom Club Fitting

MarkJan
13-04-2008, 04:50
I am buying some new clubs in Orlando later this month (early birthday present [msnwink]) and am thinking of going to the Taylormade fitting lab at Grand Cypress. Has anybody been or know a ballpark price?

ccarcher
15-04-2008, 15:10
Edwin Watts Superstore at Sand Lake Road, just up from Universal also have a custom fitting area

I have found them to be fantastic, when purchasing my TaylorMade TP Burners

may be worth checking them out on there website

www.edwinwatts.com

MarkJan
15-04-2008, 16:50
Thanks for the reply. The concern I had of going to Edwin Watts, Sports Authority or Golfsmith was that although I can be custom fitted for any clubs I want, I would rather be fitted for the clubs my swing dictates I need.

As a special treat I'm going to the Taylor Made Performance lab. They have confirmed their club costs are comparable with Edwin Watts and others ( I have printd all the Taylormade prices anyway). There is a 60 minute session with full motion capture, club specification and DVD. The new clubs are then setup and tested on the grass range. If happy with the results, I can then purchase clubs and receive them within 48 hours direct from Taylor Made.

Can't wait.

alex
31-07-2008, 01:54
so how did you get on at taylor made performance lab

MarkJan
31-07-2008, 03:12
Awesome. 3 hours including being fitted with all the motion capture points, the manager of the centre played on the Nationwide Tour in the States for 8 years and was naturally, very knowledgeable about the golf swing. After being asked what my normal good shots and bad shots with each type of club were, I was given a 6 iron and swung at the ball. After each swing, information was given on the swing such as what was good and what was wrong. My swing was compared to Justin Rose side by side on a large swing. Advice on improving certain aspects was given and after going through this process with the 6 iron, driver, wedge and putter, my specification was decided.

The above clubs were made up and I went on to the driving range to see if the specification was right; I was happy straight away and ordered my new set. Within a month of playing with my new bats, I shot my lowest ever score, have had 2 shots taken off my handicap and generally feel much more confident on the course.

One of the best parts is the DVD with all my swings on it. I can refer to the progression made during the session from early swings to later swings to correct faults I fall back into. I may even go back again in December.

Even though the prices of golf equipment continually comes down and I could now buy the same equipment in the UK for at worst the same price as I paid in Orlando in April, i would do it again without a second thought. I would recommend it to anyone.

KarenScott
31-07-2008, 03:19
Just out of interest what kind of price would you be talking for this set?

My husband is starting out, his first set are from the local supermarket and he is ready to move on, however I think too soon for the set you have bought Mark. Any suggestions would be grateful.

alex
26-08-2008, 08:43
do you have to book in advance for the club fitting

MarkJan
26-08-2008, 13:32
I would suggest emailing a couple of the major retailers such as Edwin Watts or Golf Smith and check what their policy is on booking. If going for the full blown custom fitting, yes; book well ahead.