PDA

View Full Version : MGM to Epcot How long?

Maureen Edwards
02-11-2003, 20:22
We are using a one day park hopper for MGM and are staying for the Fantasmic display which is due to start at 7pm. Does anyone know if it would be possible to have enough time to drive to Epcot, after leaving MGM after Fantasmic and still be in time to see the Illuminations show there, which is due to start at 9.30pm?
We are not sure what the traffic will be like (30th Nov) and actually how far Epcot is from MGM. Also taking into account parking and the walk to a spot to see the illuminations.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
02-11-2003, 21:00
I'd say it was a definite possibility Maureen - Epcot is almost right next door to MGM.

wilfy
02-11-2003, 21:04
Maureen,
been there, done that as they say :D. We got to our car at 8:15, and as we were heading in (sort of) the other direction, we were into epcot by 8.40pm. All the best spots will have been taken, but i would recommend going left when you hit world showcase.

chrisj
02-11-2003, 21:44
We went from MGM to Epcot and it wasnt that far away, so im sure its possible.

Maureen Edwards
02-11-2003, 22:41
Thanks everyone for the replies. Doesn't sound too difficult, so will give it a try and let you all know how it goes.
:D

tinkerbell
02-11-2003, 23:40
Hi Maureen, I'd be interested to know how you managed to get hold of 1 day park hoppers?! Is there such a thing or are you usingleft over tickets?

Our party of 8 is going to prove tricky at xmas for park hopping, two are using left over tickets, two have to buy single day entry and the rest will have new 5 day park hoppers. To have park hopper access would make our holiday planning much more stright forward!

Maureen Edwards
03-11-2003, 01:36
Hi Tink,
I have a friend in Florida who is an official Disney ticket agent and she has offered me these. (I think they may be a perk she gets[msnwink])

tinkerbell
03-11-2003, 01:45
Thanks Maureen! That makes sense now! Does your friend sell these tickets? If not does she know anywhere that I could buy them?? I would want 4/6. Thanks!

SunLover
12-11-2003, 08:10
Maureen

It's definitely possible, although I would check the time of illuminations, as I believe it is 9pm and not 9.30 as you mentioned. However, even if it is 9pm, it will be a breeze getting there.

Several years back when the park's firework displays were a lot more staggered, we used to do the "Disney Trinity" on Fridays and Saturdays, which invloved taking in the fireworks at M.K, M.G.M & Epcot all on the same night.

I know a lot of people will think we were mad, but we are HUGE firework fans :D

Maureen Edwards
12-11-2003, 14:55
Thanks Sunlover, Just checked the Epcot schedule again and most nights are 9pm, but on the night we want to go it is 9.30pm,so gives us a bit more time phew.... it will be a bit mad, dashing here and there, but will be worth it. Our family who are coming with us haven't seen Illuminations, so thought it would be a nice end to the day. We have booked the Dinner Package at Hollywood and Vine for MGM/Fantasmic and then after Fantasmic, will make the dash to Epcot. It is my nieces birthday so we wanted to make the day special.[msnsmile]

MTP
13-11-2003, 02:47
Instead of dashing between the two by car, why not park in Epcot in the morning and then get the boat from Epcot to MGM. Although this may be a little bit of hassle in the morning, it should mean that you leave the park in a different way to the bulk of the guests exiting at the same time. It would be a nice bit of between park sightseeing and when you arrive at Epcot you will be at the world lagoon immediately. Just a thought.

Maureen Edwards
13-11-2003, 14:00
MTP what a great idea. We are early risers, so this sounds a really good alternative. Will the boat be running from MGM to Epcot that late at night do you think?

Shamu
13-11-2003, 14:23
Hi there

I live in Orlando and I can honestly say that it is possible to do three parks in one day. We tend to do this most weekends. We start off at Animal, then MGM and then onto Epcot. I guess there is just the two of us with no children, but you will have plenty of time to get from one to the other. The Fantasmic show is brilliant

Have fun

Courtney

tinkerbell
16-11-2003, 14:54
Hi Maureen!

I had the Disney Park Hopper day to end all park hopping daysa year or so ago! I started off parking at Epcotand getting the transportation to AK in the very early morning, saw the Safari, went on the Dinosaur ride, looked at the Gorillas. Then we went to MGM, where we went on all of the big rides at least once.
We then went to Epcot, where we walked around World Showcase and also managed to take a few of our favourite attractions such as Test Track and The Living Seas. After this was over we went back to MGM and watched Fantasmic, absolutely brilliant! We made mad dash and got to Epcot in perfect time for the beginning of IllumiNations, and............... we also made it to the Magic Kingdom to see Fantasy in the Sky!

I guess, what I'm trying to say is that, yes, you can get to Epcot from MGM easily in time for IllumiNations!