PDA

View Full Version : A day in Clearwater

millie
07-04-2008, 03:52
For our upcoming trip we were hoping to spend a day in Clearwater or that area. We have never been to the Gulf coast but have always wanted to. We will have our 2 girls with us ( 6 and 2) and so would love to go to a sandy beach with shallow water and not too much surf. Any ideas for somewhere which would suit?

We are staying at Sunset Lakes and if anyone has any ideas for eating out or routes that would be very helpful. Also any other things to do that way.

Having the kids we don't want to spend too long in the car travelling so any idea on how long it would take to get there would be fantastic.

I only am suggesting Clearwater s=as its the only place I know but if there is anywhere just as nice and a bit closer we could go there?

Thanks
L

gail and david roberts
07-04-2008, 12:39
Hi Millie
clear-water is lovely , the bleacher are very clean , we Haven't stop there but go for the day
they Have a play area right on the beach and trampolines
so the girls will find lots to do
last time we went we bought a volleyball and played on the beach
the sun was shining and the Parrots where singing in the trees
a great florida Day
hope you will have a great holiday
[clap]

SDJ
07-04-2008, 14:28
Lovely golden sands at Clearwater and warm shallow water for your girls. There are plenty of restaurants along the front, and you can walk for miles shell collecting on the beach.

Just head West towards Tampa on the I-4 and follow the signs for Clearwater when you see them around Tampa area. It is almost straight through and very easy. If you allow 90 minutes top whack you won't be far out. Have a great day in Clearwater.

Sandra

millie
07-04-2008, 22:24
That sounds great and 90 mins isn't too bad. My DD will love collecting shells.

Thanks

08-04-2008, 00:28
We have just been talking about a day in Clearwater Beach it's so lovely and we have not been for a couple of years[msnwink]

Susan J
08-04-2008, 13:37
We usually go to Busch Gardens, book into the Hilton at Clearwater for a night or two and enjoy a day or so at the beach -
Head for the Hiton as it is next to the pier and the trampolines etc. just before sunset, the pier has a little 'market' of handicrafts etc that your girls would enjoy also.
Your girls will also love the Tot Lot play area with sand at Sunset Lakes, and sitting on the lovely Dock & Cabana watching the fishing [or having a go themselves] or watching the Disney Fireworks in the evening.
have a lovely holiday!!

millie
08-04-2008, 20:56
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:[i]
Your girls will also love the Tot Lot play area with sand at Sunset Lakes, and sitting on the lovely Dock & Cabana watching the fishing [or having a go themselves] or watching the Disney Fireworks in the evening.
have a lovely holiday!!
[/quote]

Is this at the villa community or is there a Sunset Lakes area in Clearwater - sorry not sure.

Sorry - i think you mean at the villa. It is my Aunt's villa we are renting and we stayed there the last time we went but never went to the play area. We must go find it this time.

Its a lovely community.