PDA

View Full Version : June in Orlando

wrxppp
06-04-2008, 16:45
Hi

I am back to the drawing board for holiday months in Orlando 2009.
I am wondering would you guys be able to help me with details of what the month of June is usually like?
Weather?
Are there any reasons to avoid June?

Thanks
Jo

ShirleyD
06-04-2008, 17:56
Jo I can never think of any reason to avaoid Florida at any time of year [msnwink]

I was there last June and will be again this year. Perfect daytime temperatures, most evenings we were fine with t-shirts/shorts outside. The tropical weather with clouds in the afternoon starts to happen this month

AshleyLodge
06-04-2008, 18:33
It may be worth thinking about the beginning of June rather than the end as flights may be marginally cheaper and the American schools won't have broken up making it slightly quieter.

I agree with Shirely though - there isn't a bad time to go.v

millie
06-04-2008, 21:23
We have been in June for the last 2 years and this year we are going on the 9th. It works out quite well as the american schools are not out and we have always found it reasonably quiet. The weather is great - a bit of rain - but that shouldn't stop you!!
Have fun!

jo-anne
06-04-2008, 23:06
Our very first trip out to Orlando was in June. The weather was lovely and warm without being too hot.
It was much quieter in the parks and attractions too.

dcnurse
07-04-2008, 03:33
As already said any month is good in Florida[msnsmile2]
June is great although you must be prepared for the 4pm storms which last at least half an hour[msnwink]

fiona
07-04-2008, 07:23
Personally never a bad time to visit Florida![msncool] Now our girls have left school, college and uni we go in June ourselves and love it, will be there this year.

Dianap
07-04-2008, 20:40
Fantastic time of year to go will usually rains late afternoon but not for long:D

domster
08-04-2008, 10:49
We like to go to Florida from Oct - Dec. To be honest most of the time in Florida it is nice and warm.

becbecs
08-04-2008, 11:43
Perfectly put Shirley

Jo I can never think of any reason to avoid Florida at any time of year

Florida at anytime of the Year is a pleasure.
[high5]

andy_d
08-04-2008, 12:56
Great time to go!Parks are not too busy and the weather is usually very hot but as said before make sure you take a brolly late afternoon. I like watching the early evening torrents pouring down its just not so nice if you're driving at the time.

E. Cosgrove
09-04-2008, 10:54
The forst time we ever went to Florida was June and since then it has become one of our favourite months to travel to the sunshine state [msncool]

Val
09-04-2008, 17:39
As stated No month is a bad month to visit, all have pro's and con's but June is lovely, parks quieter, not too much rain. In general LOVELY.

Val

wrxppp
09-04-2008, 23:23
Big thanks to all these helpful replies. Our holiday is now booked [clap] shame we gotta wait 15 months[msnoo] oh unless we win the lottery that is:D

I am sure we will have a fantastic time[msntongue]

Jo

TrishT
10-04-2008, 00:50
Plenty of time to plan the perfect holiday, have fun [msnsmile2] Do you own a scooby/subaru [msnwink] notice your username

wrxppp
10-04-2008, 01:12
Thanks Trish, there certainly is some planning to do...don't want to miss out anything[8D] Oh and yes, well did own one (scooby) up until last year, and now saving for another! They are addictive[msntongue]

Jo

TrishT
10-04-2008, 01:22
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by wrxppp
Thanks Trish, there certainly is some planning to do...don't want to miss out anything[8D] Oh and yes, well did own one (scooby) up until last year, and now saving for another! They are addictive[msntongue]

Jo
[/quote]

Hi Jo, if you ever need any help or advice in the planning you are in the right place [msnsmile2] Know wat you mean about the scoob, we've/hubby has had 2 over the last 5 yrs, a wagon and a RA, up until last may, now he's been desparately searching for another one as he says he has withdrawl sympoms [laugh] I'm ok I still have my Evo [msnwink]

Maddie
20-04-2008, 19:51
You're speaking a foreign language to me guys. I'll not try and work it out....

I'll reiterate all of what has been said....how fun cos you'll never be lost....

Maddie

luckylady
20-04-2008, 20:51
May and June are also our favourite months to visit Florida,the Parks are usually quieter.
[msnwink]

mfairhurst
20-04-2008, 21:03
JUNE is a lovely month and a bit cooler than JULY AND AUGUST which can be very hot and need to drink plenty of water .
We love FLORIDA any time and never not enjoy . [msnsmile2]
MAUREEN
www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Shirlsco
04-05-2008, 20:51
Thank you very much for discussing June we are just about to go during the beginning of June and as I normally go October/November am pleased to see that the weather is good and nice and quiet at the parks.

As we are a big family going it will be nice not to have to queue too long as the children are 11, two of 3 and a 1 year old. So great we are all looking forward to it. Hopefully we will not get the rain as that is a normal thing in England and do not particularly want it while we are on our hols.

Any way good luck to all that are going this year and sorry for those that are not.
Thanks for information.

Lynnes
06-05-2008, 17:13
We will be their early June and looking forward to the long hot days

cmcruck
08-05-2008, 23:07
HI

June is a great month not too hot, which ever month you go with have a great time.

Cindy

Robert5988
08-05-2008, 23:49
I know posters like not to put people off, but if someone asks a question, they should get an objective answer!

There is never a question asked on OV without the standard response of "there is never a bad time to visit Orlando". Well millions of Americans would not dream of going near Orlando in the summer because it is too hot and too humid - oppressively so in the parks.

As the OP asked about the weather, well it is HOT in June - the average is 91F and only July at 93F and August at 92F are hotter.

June is also the wettest month of the year.

There are plenty of websites that give average temperatures and rainfall in Orlando.

Most US schools finish in early June, often the first week, where my property is they finish 31st May this year.

chrizzy100
09-05-2008, 19:36
I'm not fond of July Aug or early Sept...I think June is one of the few months I've not been in FL...I would think early June would be a lot like May which is a lovely month there...if a little hot sometimes but May is not that humid...the heat is nothing...but if its very humid it can spoil a holiday...
I notice humidity more now I live in the USA...and where I live it can be humid for months on end unlike FL which does give you a break from it...
To be honest...rain is not much of a problem in FL and does not stop you doing much unless its a really bad high summer storm with lighing and very heavy rains...lucky enough those storms don't last that long for the most part...