PDA

View Full Version : Do I Need A Visa?

xxciaraxx
03-04-2008, 20:21
Hi everyone, hope you can help me.

I am travelling to Orlando on Septamber 08 with my boyfriend. I have an Irish passport as i was born there but was brought up in Scotland, when I asked my travel agent if i nedeed a visa she said she wasn't sure and i needed to contact the US Embassy. My passport was issued in 2006 and it contains a digital photograph and the digital swipe stripe at the bottom, it is the exact same as my boyfriends brittish passport apart from the front cover. My travel agent said my boyfriends one was fine but she wasnt sure about mine.

I have also contacted my brothers friend at work because he works in the passport office and he said i wont need one but i am justtrying to triple check.

Lynnes
03-04-2008, 20:26
Not sure but I think you should be OK with the visa waiver.

emm
03-04-2008, 21:25
This page from the US Embassy, Dublin, might be helpful.

http://dublin.usembassy.gov/nivwaiver.html

E. Cosgrove
03-04-2008, 22:22
We have quite a good Irish contingent on here and I am sure someone will be along to help you soon.
Maybe amend the title of the thread to reflect the fact that you are Irish and it will get picked up quickly that way[msnsmile2]

deanodoggy
08-05-2008, 14:44
I have an Irish Passport and always enter the US under the visa waiver program.

ncmurray
08-05-2008, 14:53
Its no problem at all, as Ireland is part of the Visa Waiver Programme.

I have an Irish passport and live in the UK, and it has never been questioned. Your passport also meets all the new requirements, ie digital photo, etc.

Have a great trip!

Nuala

orlandodaze
09-05-2008, 02:20
An Irish passport is most acceptable in the USA because we are all members of the EU . You wil l have no problems and have a great holiday Ciara.