PDA

View Full Version : Sarasota Area Accommodation

alastair
01-04-2008, 20:09
Has anyone recently stayed at any of the following in Sarasota and if so would you recommend them for a 3 or 4 night stay.

Lido Beach Resort, Helmsley Sandcastle or Holiday Inn on the beach.

Any information appreciated.

Katys Grandad
01-04-2008, 20:20
I've stayed at the Holiday Inn although it's quite a while ago. It was OK and in a very good location but if you're looking for lots of facilities and upscale touches, you'll be dissapointed.

Linicia
01-04-2008, 20:56
We have stayed at Lido Beach Resort twice. Right on the beach. Quite upmarket and not cheap. I suggest 4 days as there is a lot to do in the surrounding areas. Wish I was there now [^]

Nina A
02-04-2008, 02:26
Hi Alastair,

Why not take a look at
http://www.orlandovillas.com/gulf-coast-villas/all/all-communities.aspx or put out a request via the villa links. Many owners will rent for 3 or 4 days.

Have a great time.
[8D]

PJS
02-04-2008, 15:21
I have stayed twice at the Helmsley Sandcastle, each for a period of 2 weeks. The last time was 4 years ago. I found the standard of the accommodation to be a little tired! The rooms are of an acceptable size all with fridges. There are 2 pools both of which were regularly cleaned. The area around the pools can become crowded when the hotel is full. The beach area is fantastic and is well looked after. The sea is quite safe as it only gradually falls away from the beach. They have a number of different grades of room, my advice would be to have a first floor garden room, and normally you have a sea view with these. The pool view rooms can often be noisy. I hope this helps.
Paul

alastair
03-04-2008, 22:17
Thank you for your responses. We are going to spend 4 days on the gulf coast in the Sarasota area before going to our own villa in Kissimmee for 2 weeks. We don't need a lot of facilities as we will be going out and about in the surrounding area but wanted to try and get a nice beach location.

atush
06-04-2008, 20:00
Of all the ones you mentioned the Lido is the highest rated, but also the priciest.

Let us know what you choose and how it works out.

Zigzag
11-06-2008, 19:38
We have just returned from Helmsley Sandcastle,lovely staff but our room was rundown,the bathroom was like something from the seventies,there were signs up saying no one in pool after 10 pm,this was not adhered to,it was noisy most nights at this area,the pool was only lit at one end,kept thinking a body would be found at first light.

Clare R
11-06-2008, 19:50
Sarasota County has a restriction on rentals of less than a month so villa rentals are few and far between. Go south one county and find Charlotte County where the community of Rotonda is at Englewood; there are several villas there listed on this site.

I admit there is a lot to see in Sarasota and the beaches are magnificent.

alastair
11-06-2008, 22:31
We stayed at Lido Beach Resort during our recent trip and found it very nice with friendly staff. The room was very nice (gulf view)and the hotel was very quiet (not many guests), so we had a reat time. Managed to get a summer special room rate offer also.

mollymolly
11-06-2008, 22:33
...and at the villas on this site you will certainly not see run down rooms and out dated bathrooms. You'll have your own private pool where you decide what time the pool closes![msnwink][msncool][msnwink]

Bernadette

Pookie
12-06-2008, 01:08
Took us about 45 minutes from Rotonda to Armands Circle last week, mid morning & would be less in the evening.
I can strongly recommend the Columbia Restaurant for lunch or dinner on Armands Circle their signature salad is scrumptious; one is definately sufficient for 2 people.

Have fun the weather is bliss at the moment.

Lynne