PDA

View Full Version : Kissimmee Golf shop

Karen
29-03-2008, 19:10
My parents are out in Florida with us and my dad wants to look at a good golf shop while he is out here. Can anyone suggest one in the Kissimmee area please?

Lynne S
29-03-2008, 21:24
Hi Karen,

Des, always looks in the Edwin Watts golf shop, it's on the 535 junction with the 192 right across from the Publix supermarket.:)

Karen
29-03-2008, 21:35
Thanks Lynne, just looked it up. Will stop by for my Dad to have a look. Hope there are some other shops nearby for my Mum & I to go and browse in [msnwink]

emm
29-03-2008, 23:26
Another shop to look in is Golfsmiths. It is very near the Mall at Millenia - so you could drop your Dad for an hour or so at the golf shop (he can try out clubs, or have an indoor lesson) and you and your mum can do some browsing in the Mall. [msnwink]

Lynne S
30-03-2008, 00:31
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Karen
Thanks Lynne, just looked it up. Will stop by for my Dad to have a look. Hope there are some other shops nearby for my Mum & I to go and browse in [msnwink]
[/quote]

Buena Vista outlets are just a couple of minutes up the road from here Karen or just a bit further up the 192 and you are at Super Target, always a good place to spend an hour or two[msnwink]

Karen
30-03-2008, 21:57
Lynne, You are right I can spend ages in Super target [msnwink]

Thanks also for your suggestion Emm [msnsmile2]

Murph
20-04-2008, 20:35
Edwin Watts on International drive (Next to the Irish Pub)have more stock than their branch odd the 192 and the service is much better REALLY helpful. I just bought back two Cobra rescue clubs, they are fantastic!!

edlea
21-04-2008, 03:14
Edwin Watts (EW)!! - To be honest, to look at these forums you would think that Edwin Watts has a monopoly on golf in Florida and the rest of the USA and they're the only golf retailer worth looking at.

It's just possible that EW has the best deals - it's also just possible it doesn't.

I bought clubs in the UK (internet) for my son FAR cheaper than EW.

There are also MANY websites in the US far cheaper than EW.

My advice would be to shop around - maybe EW are the cheapest ; maybe they aren't.

MarkJan
21-04-2008, 10:55
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by edlea

My advice would be to shop around - maybe EW are the cheapest ; maybe they aren't.
[/quote]Can you post a website please? I'm buying some Taylormade clubs in the US next week and don't want to spend more than "necessary".

edlea
21-04-2008, 14:39
MarkJan :

If you go to a popular search engine and type in "Golf discount" (or something similar) you will see what is out there.

I don't have anything against EW, I sometimes shop there myself. However, one could be forgiven for thinking that (a) EW is always the cheapest place to buy golf gear - it sometimes IS and sometimes ISN'T and (b) it's the only golf retailer out there - it plainly isn't.

Very often, a club pro will give you personal service and advice and often match any price you can find elsewhere. When buying expensive golf gear it's often a good idea to TRY before you BUY and often your local club pro will let you have a round or two with a "demonstrator" set. You can then, of course, buy the clubs you fancy from wherever you want.

If the LOWEST PRICE is what matters most, then usually the internet/shopping around comes up trumps but you may be buying from hundreds of miles away and shipping may take a few days.

Like I said on another thread, last summer I bought my teenage son a new set of Mizunos he particularly wanted and I found them in the UK £100 (yes pounds ) cheaper than a well-known golf retailer in the USA.

Good luck with getting what you want at the right price !

Karen
22-04-2008, 01:14
My Dad was not after the cheapest club around, he was happy getting an excellent club as a souvenir of his first trip to Florida [msnsmile2]

Lynne S
22-04-2008, 01:40
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by edlea
Edwin Watts (EW)!! - To be honest, to look at these forums you would think that Edwin Watts has a monopoly on golf in Florida and the rest of the USA and they're the only golf retailer worth looking at.

It's just possible that EW has the best deals - it's also just possible it doesn't.

I bought clubs in the UK (internet) for my son FAR cheaper than EW.

[/quote]

If you read the question that was asked in the first post by Karen, I think you will find that I only answered that and nothing else about cheaper etc.

:)

I am not interested in golf but Edwin Watts is in the area requested.