PDA

View Full Version : Car Hire

hamptonlakes
31-10-2003, 14:48
Ok I am traveling on 9.11.03 and i have booked economy car hire and i was thinking of upgrading to a convertiable but should i upgrade here in the UK or when i get to dollar rental desk in orlando international airport because i have to book a child seat and also Under 25 driver fee.

Would they allow me to bargain on the upgrade ?[msnsmile2]

huckleberry house
31-10-2003, 15:49
Hi Wesley
I cant help with the upgrading although my guess would be it was cheaper to do it here.I think I read in another thread that you will be buying things for your Villa so becareful with the convertible because the boot space and rear seats are failry small and if you are buying anything big such as fake plants or TV then you wont be able to fit them in.Meaning paying for and waiting for delivery or hiring a u-haul van.Personally I always rent a 7 seater minivan because you can fit so much in them.

Lesley

florida4sun
31-10-2003, 17:13
Uograde here, they will get you on extra insurance in the USA. Alos take your own child seat with you. They cost a fortune to hire. You cannot beat the car hire rates on OV.

quote:Originally posted by hamptonlakes

Ok I am traveling on 9.11.03 and i have booked economy car hire and i was thinking of upgrading to a convertiable but should i upgrade here in the UK or when i get to dollar rental desk in orlando international airport because i have to book a child seat and also Under 25 driver fee.

Would they allow me to bargain on the upgrade ?[msnsmile2]

chrizzy100
31-10-2003, 22:17
quote:Originally posted by huckleberry house

Hi Wesley
I cant help with the upgrading although my guess would be it was cheaper to do it here.I think I read in another thread that you will be buying things for your Villa so becareful with the convertible because the boot space and rear seats are failry small and if you are buying anything big such as fake plants or TV then you wont be able to fit them in.Meaning paying for and waiting for delivery or hiring a u-haul van.Personally I always rent a 7 seater minivan because you can fit so much in them.

Lesley

I know what you mean about car size and buying stuff.....we have two coupes and trying to get plants and TV's into them has been great fun....NOT....

starkie
31-10-2003, 22:40
Hi Wesley,
Just a tip on hiring the kiddies car seat. Go buy one from Walmart.
They are around $40 which is much less than Dollar would charge you to hire for two week. If you plumb for the 7 seater instead of the convertible the new Plymouth Vogager has a hidden child car seat in the double seat behind the driver seat!!

Regards
Julie