PDA

View Full Version : Tom Tom car charger in US Cars

Pudders
28-03-2008, 14:11
Hi all,

Planning on taking my TOMTOM 910 out to the states but want to know if the car chargers from the UK will work in the US?

Many thanks

28-03-2008, 14:28
Ours did if you mean the charger that goes in the cigar lighter[msnsmile2]

blott
28-03-2008, 15:16
Yes, they work fine. Some rental cars have an additional socket to the cigarette ligher socket so you can use either one.

chris c
28-03-2008, 15:48
Just a word of caution!
Make sure that the cigarette lighter socket works before leaving the airport as the one we were given in the first car did not and we had to go back and ask for another car.
No problem with the second one!

Pudders
28-03-2008, 17:20
Thanks for the info guys - much appreciated[msnwink]

TrishT
02-05-2008, 01:42
you will probably have enough charge in your unit to get to most places from MCO.
it should work fine for a few hours.

dont forget to change the maps though , its in the set up part of the unit as it wont find where you are unless you select the correct map , ie. North America. not the canary islands or europe (why the canaries islands has its own map i dont know lol)

Madabouttigger
30-05-2008, 13:03
I did find that when we charged our unit in the villa it took a lot longer than at home - I assume this is due to the lower voltage.

SDJ
30-05-2008, 19:15
Most electrical chargers from UK take longer to charge in US as it is the low voltage. We tend to keep our electric toothbrushes permanently on the charger as they take ages.

We are driving around with our Tom Tom and never had a problem with the charging, but we have our own car and don't need to check to see if the cig. lighter socket works.

Sandra