PDA

View Full Version : 1 More Day To Work

AndrewP
30-10-2003, 22:49
I have 1 more day to work then we're off to Florida! First trip to Floida for me and first trip to USA for the rest of the party!

Can not wait! Everything seems to be sorted, just hope I havn't forgot anything!

Any last minute tips?

kathrynanncooper
30-10-2003, 23:39
As long as you have your passport, your money and the address of where you're staying, if you've forgotten anything else you should be able to get it over there (usually much cheaper than you can get it over here).

Have a nice vacation!!!

Carla
30-10-2003, 23:45
Don't forget your driving license!!!

Have a wonderful time, and of course you have to write a trip report when you get back!! :D:D:D

AndrewP
31-10-2003, 00:29
I will write a trip report, Im even taking my GPS thingy so I can find my way to the parks from th villa too!

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
31-10-2003, 00:32
It's a very easy drive back to the villa Andrew. Hope you have a great time and looking forward to seeing your trip report :D

Tracy
31-10-2003, 01:23
Ok, you lucky soul, have a grat trip, I am sure you will.

We have 6 weeks to go and counting !!!!

Passports, money,driving licence and your address (where you are staying) are the main ones as already mentioned, make sure you have a pen handy for the forms on the flight across.

We got to the airport a couple of years ago and my husband remembered that his driving licence was in the car, parked on our drive.

My brother luckily just got to the airport in time before our departure

Make sure we get an update on your return.

chrisj
31-10-2003, 01:27
Just have a great time and im sure you will

Chris

sarahjk
31-10-2003, 01:44
Have a great time I know you will I am dead jealous as we still have 6 weeks today to go not that I am counting or anything I will be packing this week although I wont be taking that much
5 weeks
4 weeks
3 weeks
2 weeks [:I]if you count like this it seems not to be quite as long at least I keep telling myself that now must go hubby says biy yellow van has just pulled up[:p]

chrisj
31-10-2003, 03:04
hehehe try 9 months gee thats a long time to wait. OMG we could have another baby in
that time, but we wont cos im always on here :):)

Can someone show me the way out :D:D:D

mikewj
31-10-2003, 03:27
Have a great time....you cant fail too !

Just over 8 months to go for us.....I suppose we could fit another baby in....just !

Although we're only just getting used to the first !!! :D:D:D:D

Matt
31-10-2003, 14:45
Andrew,

My last day at work to. Not that I'm doing much....obviously as I'm on here:D

I work over at Heathrow, so everytime a Virgin flight goes over my stomach churns with excitment knowing I'll be on one tomorrow:D:D

Can't wait.

Matt

Maureen Edwards
31-10-2003, 14:54
17 days and counting.... I am just starting to think what to pack, shorts, t shirts etc. I am getting worried as my husband has laid out paint brushes, screws, rawplugs...how sad is that

Mind you I won't have much room for clothes as I bought sheets,curtains and cushion covers really cheap from Dunelm Mill. Have you noticed, most of the cushions you buy out in Florida don't have removable covers?[msnscared]

chrisj
31-10-2003, 19:44
Matt

I work in Hayes Town

chrizzy100
31-10-2003, 20:20
quote:Originally posted by Maureen Edwards

17 days and counting.... I am just starting to think what to pack, shorts, t shirts etc. I am getting worried as my husband has laid out paint brushes, screws, rawplugs...how sad is that

Mind you I won't have much room for clothes as I bought sheets,curtains and cushion covers really cheap from Dunelm Mill. Have you noticed, most of the cushions you buy out in Florida don't have removable covers?[msnscared]

I'm just glad we found a big enough hire car for the drive down....I have towels and bedding and a kettle etc....no fun trying to get all that on a plane...we also have a trunk load of paint brushes and drills etc.....

Maureen Edwards
31-10-2003, 22:42
Chrizzy100, I keep saying, everything in US is so reasonable, we will buy it out there, but I see a bargain here and can't resist it[msntongue]

Last year going through check in at Cardiff, 1 in 7 were picked out for complete case searches. Guess what, we were one of the 1 in 7. I nearly died when the person searching the case pulled out a tile cement s****er, that was well used!! She just said, 'I'm not even going to ask'. I could have killed my hubby, he'd popped it in while I wasn't looking, still I suppose it could have been something worse[msnembarrased]

melfrank
03-11-2003, 21:35
Sorry, I missed you.

chrizzy100
03-11-2003, 22:57
quote:Originally posted by Maureen Edwards

Chrizzy100, I keep saying, everything in US is so reasonable, we will buy it out there, but I see a bargain here and can't resist it[msntongue]

Last year going through check in at Cardiff, 1 in 7 were picked out for complete case searches. Guess what, we were one of the 1 in 7. I nearly died when the person searching the case pulled out a tile cement s****er, that was well used!! She just said, 'I'm not even going to ask'. I could have killed my hubby, he'd popped it in while I wasn't looking, still I suppose it could have been something worse[msnembarrased]

I'm buying the small things to save time...I'm not a shopper and to get my husband looking for bedding would be hell..:D.I know where all the bargins are up here....I'd have to hunt for the cheap shops in FL.....and we don't have a lot of time......I want to go out sometimes down there just for fun...:D