PDA

View Full Version : What's the weather like right now please?

23-03-2008, 18:55
We are off to Florida on the 18th April and wondered if any of you are out there at the moment maybe you could give me a daily accurate weather report[msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

I have all the widgets but it's much more fun hearing it from you guys already out there[msnsmile][msnsmile]

many thanks [clap][clap][clap]

mizzy
24-03-2008, 00:30
i have a link to a website that will show the next 15 days Julie but that's not what you want

are you staring to get all excited now? [msnsmile2]

CERICROWLEY
24-03-2008, 00:47
March 21 very hot got burned.
March 22 about 72 degrees and some rain showers that scattered the day.
Today is slightly cloudy 73 degrees, just got back from Typhoon Lagoon, and had to splatter the suncream on very generously as the sun came out with avengence midday.

It is set to reach mid 80's by the weekend. not looking forward to coming home on Tuesday/Wednesday

taylona
24-03-2008, 01:39
Ooooooooh! Hope it keeps warm - only 13 more sleeps [8D]

24-03-2008, 02:38
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by CERICROWLEY
March 21 very hot got burned.
March 22 about 72 degrees and some rain showers that scattered the day.
Today is slightly cloudy 73 degrees, just got back from Typhoon Lagoon, and had to splatter the suncream on very generously as the sun came out with avengence midday.

It is set to reach mid 80's by the weekend. not looking forward to coming home on Tuesday/Wednesday[/quote]Thanks Ceri that's just what I wanted o hear - thank you!<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by mizzy
i have a link to a website that will show the next 15 days Julie but that's not what you want

are you staring to get all excited now? [msnsmile2][/quote]Marie, Yes you are right I have access to those too but it's just so nice to hear it from someone out there like Ceri[msnsmile2]

Getting excited now[clap][clap]

Frosty
25-03-2008, 04:34
Julie,
today Monday, the weather it turned a little cooler, low 70's, with an expected morning temp of high 30's tomorrow, warming to mid to high 60's.
The its expected to warm up for the rest of the week.

chrizzy100
25-03-2008, 05:20
I don't want it too hot...I get to FL late Wednesday...

heathercobbett
25-03-2008, 10:55
We came back last tuesday and it was absolutely perfect; nice warm days and comfortably on the cooler side at night.

Enjoy yourself.

Mrs Brizzle
25-03-2008, 12:33
Hi,just got back and I am freezing here! The temps were in the high 70's most days and it was glorious :D We saw rain about twice but once was overnight and I used a jumper a couple of times in the evening but most of the time it was t-shirts and shorts weather[8D].

Kazzie
25-03-2008, 12:37
Speak for yourself Chrissy, I arrive friday and I want it hot hot hot!:D[msnwink][msncool]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chrizzy100
[/quote]

nicklangdon
25-03-2008, 12:47
we've done 3 weeks in may returning on the 28th and the weather was great -some days were really hot and humid but couldn't fault the weather as the afternoon rain doesn't tend to start until june.Bad only one evenning coming out of magic kingdom where so much rain fell it was like a river running down the monorail walkway-never seen anything like it before [msnoo]but oh we did laugh all the way back to the car dripping wet but great fun [msnsmile2]
Parks were so quiet in the first two weeks we couldn't believe our luck.We love this time of year and sure you'll have a fab time![msnsmile2]
ali

25-03-2008, 19:20
Thanks everyone, keep the weather reports coming please - 3.5 weeks and counting down[msnwink]

Bex
25-03-2008, 22:15
Ohhh what a great idea Julie, and we travel out the same day as you [msnwink]

chrizzy100
26-03-2008, 01:31
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Kazzie
Speak for yourself Chrissy, I arrive friday and I want it hot hot hot!:D[msnwink][msncool]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Noooooooo!!
I like it a nice 70 to 80 so I can walk around all day and not miss anything...no rain...because we have had buckets loads this winter and I'm not used to it...

MarkJan
26-03-2008, 02:04
Keep em coming, 31+1/2 days to go, shorts out of the cupboard after the winter!

26-03-2008, 19:49
How is it today guys??[msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

orlandodaze
29-03-2008, 04:00
Julie all I can say is that when we left Orlando yesterday it was the hottest it had been for the last two weeks . :(. so I guess its turned another corner. Why is it with each visit going home gets harder every time ? By April 18th you will definately need that sun tan lotion , have a good one.

29-03-2008, 12:40
Thanks Olive that's great news[clap][clap]

30-03-2008, 13:44
Weather looked good on my widget yesterday[msnsmile2]

Anybody out there can confirm??[msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

CarolAnn
30-03-2008, 16:47
Weather was amazing again yesterday Julie....82 round the pool...tan coming on nicely[8D] I have the best tan I have had in years...this morning is lovely warm and clear blue skies..[8D]

30-03-2008, 20:12
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by CarolAnn
Weather was amazing again yesterday Julie....82 round the pool...tan coming on nicely[8D] I have the best tan I have had in years...this morning is lovely warm and clear blue skies..[8D]
[/quote]

Sounds perfect Carol, I did not come back with much of a tan last year so looking forward to a bit of colour this year - I don't find I tan much under the mesh of the lanai[msnscared]

canarypam
30-03-2008, 23:54
Try some tan accelerator Julie it works a treat. You just spray it on then apply your sun tan lotion if you use it. I buy mine from Ideal World TV when it comes on great stuff[msnwink]

mizzy
31-03-2008, 01:44
Julie i would highly recommend avons skin so airbrush satin glow in the light for you, it's a lovely moisturiser that has a very subtle gradual self tan for the body, you just spray it on when you jump out of the shower

for the face i use olays touch of sun as it needs to be very light for me but they do a med and dark

neither look fake or orange [msnwink]

alternatively you can always strip off again and get a salon spray tan [8D] i'm not brave enough to bare my body for one of those [msnembarrased]

julieanne
31-03-2008, 13:56
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Mach 2
[/quote]

Sounds perfect Carol, I did not come back with much of a tan last year so looking forward to a bit of colour this year - I don't find I tan much under the mesh of the lanai[msnscared]
[/quote]

Julie - I've never found the mesh has stopped me tanning - I wouldn't be happy if it did [msnwink]

SDJ
31-03-2008, 14:24
The mesh does not stop you from tanning - it just takes a little while longer and prevents burning to a degree. I always come back brown as a berry but I am an absolute 'sun worshipper' and sit at at every opportunity. I was sat outside our caravan in Perranporth for 4 hours last Thursday, then the cold and wind returned[msnsad]

Sandra

31-03-2008, 14:33
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by julieanne
[/quote]

[/quote]

Julie - I've never found the mesh has stopped me tanning - I wouldn't be happy if it did [msnwink]
[/quote]

I did some research and apparently it can stop 30% of tanning/burning and it helps keep the pools fungus free too[msnsmile2]

julieanne
31-03-2008, 14:48
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by SDJ
The mesh does not stop you from tanning - it just takes a little while longer and prevents burning to a degree. I always come back brown as a berry but I am an absolute 'sun worshipper' and sit at at every opportunity. I was sat outside our caravan in Perranporth for 4 hours last Thursday, then the cold and wind returned[msnsad]

Sandra[/quote]Me too Sandra - I spend every second I can in the sun - probably more than is good for me [msneek]<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Mach 2
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by julieanne
Weather was amazing again yesterday Julie....82 round the pool...tan coming on nicely[8D] I have the best tan I have had in years...this morning is lovely warm and clear blue skies..[8D][/quote]Sounds perfect Carol, I did not come back with much of a tan last year so looking forward to a bit of colour this year - I don't find I tan much under the mesh of the lanai[msnscared][/quote]Julie - I've never found the mesh has stopped me tanning - I wouldn't be happy if it did [msnwink][/quote]I did some research and apparently it can stop 30% of tanning/burning and it helps keep the pools fungus free too[msnsmile2][/quote]Good news if it stops burning - not if it stops tanning though [msnoo]

stabard
31-03-2008, 17:06
I think I would have to say that you still need to use your sun screen as the mesh will not stop you burning. My mum came in a bit redder than intended in January when she forgot to use her sunscreen.

31-03-2008, 17:50
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by stabard
I think I would have to say that you still need to use your sun screen as the mesh will not stop you burning. My mum came in a bit redder than intended in January when she forgot to use her sunscreen.
[/quote]

I agree Jan, my little ones could spend all day in the pool if I let them but they don't venture outside or in the pool until the factor 30 has soaked in[msnwink]

Frosty
31-03-2008, 19:19
Thgis week:-
Highs Mid 80's all week
Lows Mid 60's all week.

Slight chance of showers.

This morning was cloudy but mid 60's, expected to burn off early afternoon.

31-03-2008, 19:42
Thanks Frosty[msnsmile2]

Kazzie
01-04-2008, 03:54
Yes it was a little cloudy this morning but its been absolutely gorgeous sunshine this afternoon. We went to Universal for a couple of hours and have definately picked up a bit of a tan[msnsmile][msncool] kids just having a dip in the pool to cool off.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Frosty
Thgis week:-
Highs Mid 80's all week
Lows Mid 60's all week.

Slight chance of showers.

This morning was cloudy but mid 60's, expected to burn off early afternoon.
[/quote]

dawn
01-04-2008, 15:05
Great news Kazzie - roll on Saturday[msncool]

02-04-2008, 23:13
Hows it been to today, anyone?[msnwink]

Pudders
02-04-2008, 23:37
Snow - Rain & Wind ...... o sorry!! - I thought you meant in the UK!! [msnwink]

03-04-2008, 00:29
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Pudders
Snow - Rain & Wind ...... o sorry!! - I thought you meant in the UK!! [msnwink]

[/quote]

Oh stop it, you had me worried for a second[msnwink]

Frosty
03-04-2008, 04:22
Julie,

It seems like summer has arrived early!!!

Very high 80's today, high humidity and scattered showers in the afternoon

Kazzie
03-04-2008, 07:12
It was very hot today (wednesday) not too cloudy and no rain in Davenport or Clermont. Sadly I spent most of my time shopping for our home so didnt catch any sun myself but my Son is a little lobster looking[msnwink][msnembarrased] Not sure where Frosty lives but it had rained overnight here but not one spot of rain today.

Julie,

It seems like summer has arrived early!!!

Very high 80's today, high humidity and scattered showers in the afternoon
[/quote]

03-04-2008, 12:58
Thanks Frosty and Kazzie, keep me up to date please - 15 days and counting[clap]

Kazzie
03-04-2008, 21:11
Lovely and hot and sunny again so far today, not even needing a cardi or anything for the evening[msncool], just off to Downtown Disney now for a wander.

05-04-2008, 20:35
Anyone still out there? Would love another update please if you have time, thank you all so far[clap][clap][clap]

Frosty
05-04-2008, 21:23
Anyone still out there? Would love another update please if you have time, thank you all so far[clap][clap][clap]
[/quote]

Julie,

Pretty much same as my last post, its taken a summer kind of pattern already. Hot 80-90 with afternoon showers. This weekend is supposedly going to get a lot of rain, starting this afternoon.
[clap] That keeps my grass green for free..........:D

05-04-2008, 21:46
Neil I don't want rain we have enough of that over here, I want sun, sun and more sun please[msnwink][msnwink]

Mr G
06-04-2008, 01:24
Well I am sat in Orlando airport, waiting for our flight home [msnsad]and it is raining very heavily at the moment, typical thunderstorm.

Frosty
06-04-2008, 02:54
Neil I don't want rain we have enough of that over here, I want sun, sun and more sun please[msnwink][msnwink]
[/quote]

Julie, i don't make it, i just report it:D

Latest on TV today, next week will be drier.............good enough[msnwink]

06-04-2008, 03:07
[/quote]

Julie, i don't make it, i just report it:D

Latest on TV today, next week will be drier.............good enough[msnwink]
[/quote]

Yes thank you[msnsmile2] [msnwink]You know what it's like after going for years in August I just want there to be less rain storms - although I have to say last August was very dry[msnsmile2]

Mo Green
06-04-2008, 06:00
Beautiful in Rotonda, Gulf Coast today - mid 80's, no rain. Just sat outside by the pool enjoying a BBQ of steak, corn on the cob and sweetcorn which, thanks to Winn Dixie special offers, we calculate cost us $6 (£3) FOR TWO!

Mo

pieman790
06-04-2008, 08:46
It has rained here on and off all afternoon/night. We had a bad storm around 5.30pm for about 15-20 mins and it dried up within an hour.

06-04-2008, 22:01
Snowing in the UK so it's got to be a whole lot warmer over there in Florida[msnwink]

08-04-2008, 11:04
What's the latest - anyone please[msnwink]

julieanne
08-04-2008, 12:41
Not long till you will be sending us the weather reports Julie [msnwink]

dawn
08-04-2008, 16:51
Yesterday was gorgeous! Warm (80s) all day - looking a bit pink now!. This morning is overcast but warm[msnsmile2]

08-04-2008, 17:50
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by dawn
Yesterday was gorgeous! Warm (80s) all day - looking a bit pink now!. This morning is overcast but warm[msnsmile2]
[/quote]

Thanks Dawn - do I need to bring a few cardi's just in case do you think?

canarypam
08-04-2008, 20:38
Julie we went last year April 19th - May 4th and it was absolutely gorgeous no rain at all and very warm didn't need cardis at all[msnsmile2]

08-04-2008, 21:18
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by canarypam
Julie we went last year April 19th - May 4th and it was absolutely gorgeous no rain at all and very warm didn't need cardis at all[msnsmile2]
[/quote]

Thanks Pam just what I wanted to hear - I have just been out and bought a couple more strappy tops[msnwink][msnwink]

caroline
08-04-2008, 21:30
I'd take a cardi Julie - but only for the AC in the restaurants[msnwink]

S&VEdwards
08-04-2008, 23:52
Have a great time Julie - will you be taking the snow with you? [msnwink]

Sandra

09-04-2008, 00:03
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by caroline
I'd take a cardi Julie - but only for the AC in the restaurants[msnwink]
[/quote]

True [msnsmile2] I always carry at least one[msnwink]

09-04-2008, 00:04
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by S&VEdwards
Have a great time Julie - will you be taking the snow with you? [msnwink]

Sandra
[/quote]

No thank you Sandra[msnwink][msnwink] But thank you we will have a great time[clap]

S&VEdwards
09-04-2008, 02:29
I'm sure you will and we look forward to the trip reports and photos [msnsmile2]

Sandra

chrizzy100
10-04-2008, 08:35
I left FL yesterday and was to be honest fed up with the weather..never seen so much rain..it was not to hot just right...but everyone I talked to had a moan about how wet it was...I was not expecting it...never had so much rain when in FL this time of year before...but the plus is the garden looks lovely...

10-04-2008, 10:23
I left FL yesterday and was to be honest fed up with the weather..never seen so much rain..it was not to hot just right...but everyone I talked to had a moan about how wet it was...I was not expecting it...never had so much rain when in FL this time of year before...but the plus is the garden looks lovely...
[/quote]

Oh No!!![msncry][msncry][msncry] I hope the rain clears by next Friday or I will not be a happy bunny[msncry][msncry][msncry]

dawn
10-04-2008, 16:39
Don't worry Julie - Yesterday was in the high 80s, no rain, intermittent clouds and sun (great for walking round the parks), and today have woken up to sunshine again. Great tanning weather[msncool]

Frosty
10-04-2008, 16:45
Forecast to cool down to 70's at w/end.

Perfect!

chrizzy100
12-04-2008, 07:54
I don't think the rain put us off doing anything...we just walked about it in...we get little rain in MA...and I look forward to the rain in FL when it only last an hour or so...we just had some real pourdowns that never wanted to stop...really not normal for this time of year...

12-04-2008, 13:44
We have so much rain here at the moment anything would be better[msnwink]

This time next week we will be just waking up in Florida so I really hope the sun shines and its nice and warm[clap][clap][clap]

chrizzy100
13-04-2008, 01:43
Julie you maybe alright...I think the rain followed me home...we are having real FL like storms...I think the weather is just odd all over...we don't have rain this time of year here in out part of MA...and its not warm rain like FL..so no out walking in it for me...

jillizzy
13-04-2008, 04:24
Julie, I arrived yesterday and it's been an absolutely beautiful day today, at 6pm the car temperature gauge was stukk reading 90F. It's still hot and sunny now, a perfect evening.

Forecast is for getting cooler over the next few days but back to hot sunshine by the time you arrive, I'll be at the airport that day too picking up the rest of my family.

Will keep you posted.

Jill

13-04-2008, 13:39
Sounds wonderful - thank you!

Maddie
13-04-2008, 19:52
Hope it stays nice for my new guests as they really deserve a wonderful time. Looked and noticed the temperatures had dropped, please, please let it stay nice!

Maddie

chrizzy100
13-04-2008, 20:47
Maddie a temp drop can be a good thing...it should not drop enough to make it cold....

I'm sure they'll have a great time...:)

nicklangdon
14-04-2008, 17:29
we're off in the morning to florida and although the temperature is dropping its warmer than here and i'm sooo excited i don't think i'll sleep much tonight -i'm such a big kid [msnembarrased]

Ali

jillizzy
14-04-2008, 19:08
Yesterday started off cloudy and cool and we did have quite a bit of rain in the afternoon but it certainly wasn't cold.

The sun is shining this morning with clear blue skies, unfortunately still only around 65F but off for a swim as the pool is lovely and warm.

No more rain forecast for the rest of the week and getting warmer each day.

Jill

14-04-2008, 20:58
Thanks Jill, it does sound a touch chilly so I hope it warms up by Friday[msnwink][msnwink]

jillizzy
15-04-2008, 06:12
Turned out lovely today in the end. After lunch it warmed up to around 75F+ and although I'd decided to paint the pool deck as it was cooler I ended up doing it in my swimsuit as I got too hot.

Jill

15-04-2008, 10:17
That's what I want to hear Jill[msnwink][msnwink][msnwink]

Frosty
15-04-2008, 17:07
Record Lows this morning, for the time of year, chillly 40's.

Don't worry Julie, it will warm up for the w/e

Hi Jill[msnwink]

Cruella DeVilla
15-04-2008, 17:17
The difference with the cold fronts in Fl at this time of year is they only last a day or two and then temps are doubled and back up towards mid 80s generally[8D]

15-04-2008, 17:36
Neil and CDV - I do hope you are right[msnscared]

Robert5988
15-04-2008, 22:38
It really was cold this morning - 45F(7C) with a biting North wind at 20-25mph - felt like January.

16-04-2008, 00:36
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Robert5988
It really was cold this morning - 45F(7C) with a biting North wind at 20-25mph - felt like January.
[/quote]
[msncry][msncry][msncry][msncry][msncry][msncry][msncry][msncry]

Cruella DeVilla
16-04-2008, 00:47
Julie, it will soon pass so stop fretting woman![msncool]

16-04-2008, 02:18
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Cruella DeVilla
Julie, it will soon pass so stop fretting woman![msncool]
[/quote]

Oh OK then[msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnwink][msnwink][msnwink]

Must admit I have the weather on my iPhone set for Orlando and Friday is saying 29 degrees and sunny[clap][clap][clap][clap][clap]

caroline
16-04-2008, 03:15
Julie - set your iphone to 'proper' temperatures and then Davenport reads 85 degrees and sunny for Friday - sounds better than 29[msnwink][msncool]

16-04-2008, 10:20
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by caroline
Julie - set your iphone to 'proper' temperatures and then Davenport reads 85 degrees and sunny for Friday - sounds better than 29[msnwink][msncool]

[/quote]

Good point - thank you Caroline![msnsmile2]

Pudders
16-04-2008, 12:32
Hi Julie,

If you visit weather(dot)com and enter "Kissimmee" then it gives you a 10 day forecast.... Kissimmee is 86 & 87 for the w'end, sunny, no cloud!! [msncool] We arrive on Tuesday and it looks pretty good for the week ahead[msnwink]

Just hpoe it's ok for the 29th as we'll be getting married that day![msnscared]

Have fun!![msnsmile2]

canarypam
16-04-2008, 12:47
Don't trust those 10 or 15 day weather forecasts! I think the 5 day ones are usually pretty accurate.

16-04-2008, 14:04
Thanks Pudders but as Pam says I don't trust so 10 forecasts and I really like to hear from people who are out there and can give a true weather report[msnwink][msnwink]

I am sure it will be fine and I really hope you have a beautiful day on the 29th[cheers]

Frosty
17-04-2008, 07:56
Julie,

TV reported tonight, this will be the last cool evening for quite some time.

Its going to get a lot warmer from now into the w/e. High 80's to 90.

Bad news is the humidity is going to rise also.

Good news for you but not for me, no rain expected in the near future.

Looks like i'm going to have to run those expensive sprinklers[msncry]

17-04-2008, 10:17
Yay!!! Thank you Neil but sorry about the sprinklers[msnwink]

Its 0615am and freezing with a crisp frost here so that sounds really nice to me[clap][clap][clap]

sheenallan
17-04-2008, 11:39
Hi Julie,

I have been watching this thread with interest we fly out Aprl 21,and by the looks of things we are all going to have a great time,Pudders hope you have a wonderful wedding day, we woke up to SNOW this morning!!!Heres to Monday and a great time in the sunshine for everyone[cheers][cheers]

Sheena.

mfairhurst
17-04-2008, 18:04
JULIE I rang our guest yesterday and the weather is exellent has been a little cooler last week but now it is very good .
They say we will come back next year so sounds good ,They have only done disney hotel before and not driven around so at least we convertied them into villas [msnsmile2]
MAUREEN
www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

orlandodaze
17-04-2008, 21:57
All you lucky people heading off to Florida I wish I was with you. It has been bitterly cold here today ,mind you sunny in the afternoon but still a biting wind. I had to turn on the heating today . My sons friend is getting married tomorrow and we are praying for at least a fine hour for their photographs ,I dont ever remember April so cold .

20-04-2008, 01:54
We arrived last night and it was a very nice evening, very balmy and warm and a beautiful sunset[msnsmile2]

This morning was sunny and it warmed up to about 84 degrees dropping to 80 when the sun went in this afternoon, got patchy cloud and sun as I type[msnsmile2]

mfairhurst
20-04-2008, 02:01
Have a lovely time Julie do not forget to go for a Starbucks in Celebration[msnsmile2]
MAUREEN
www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

20-04-2008, 17:49
Sunday morning 0850 and its dark and pouring with rain[msnsad]

Sue and Jere
20-04-2008, 17:57
Still rather be their though Julie. [msnwink] Have a great holiday

20-04-2008, 18:43
Its sunny now, the rain has past, it still looks a bit dark in the distance but I am sure it will soon clear[clap]

orlandodaze
20-04-2008, 19:09
Its cold ,wet, grey, and dull here and no sign of any sunshine on the horizan. julie if it rains in florida you know it willsoon be back to lovely sunshine.