PDA

View Full Version : OT - Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party?

phaedra
29-10-2003, 20:25
Hi :)

Has anyone been to this?, the disney web site doesn't give much info but says you get access to all the Magic Kingdom park attractions while you're there. http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/waltdisneyworld/parksandmore/parkevents/parkeventindex?id=SEMickeysVeryMerryPrkEvt

Prices (by Disney standards) are quite cheap, advance bookings for adults from as little as $35.95 and under 10's for $25.95 + tax both our boys (13 & 15) looked horrified when I suggested it but it would be a nice surprise for our daughter who's only 9 and Pooh mad:)

Sorry of this should have been in the Disney parks forum but there's not many people posting there and I need some feedback a.s.a.p. please:)

brizzle
29-10-2003, 20:32
Tempted last year but didn't.
Already booked for the 14th this year (just trying to work out how to keep the little ones awake).

From the information I have gathered it looks like you get carol singers, characters dressed up Xmas style, fake snow on Main Street, included family photo, free hot chocolate & cookies and all the rides are open but with less people being let in than in the daytime your boys will be able to do as much of the thrill rides as they can manage. You also get 2 occurences of the special Christmas parade

I think that's what I'm expecting..I'm sure others will fill you in more

Brizzle

fiona
29-10-2003, 22:20
Great fun for all ages, loads of people dress up, some rides are shut off - but not the more popular ones. When we went the characters in the middle of Magic Kingdom were Winnie the Pooh and friends in their christmas gear - bliss for the WtP fan in our household!

Not so much fund if you are unlucky and it's raining heavily, but we stuck it out just the same, the next year was better - warmer and no rain!

Waiting to see if ED (now 18) wants to go before we book for this year.

sarahjk
30-10-2003, 02:15
Hi Jeff

Have a look a the following

There are a lot of people going to the MVMCP and most are going on the 19th there is a few who have been in the past and they give their thoughts

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3847

Hope it helps

Sarah

phaedra
30-10-2003, 13:30
Thanks for the replies and the link :)

I've booked it for a Thursday night (11th Dec) as hopefully the local kids will be at school the next day so it may be a bit quieter, pity we're coming home on the 15th as we could have gone to the OV's group meet that's looking likely :D

allyjack
30-10-2003, 15:16
Was there last year.
Great night if a bit chilly !!!
Just remember you can enter the park quite a bit before the start time ( about 5 pm if I remember )and they give you a wristband. then when the park is being cleared those with a wristband can wait in Tomorrowland ( have your free photo taken early)Then enjoy all the attractions -even Dumbo had no queue for a while !!
Alison

phaedra
30-10-2003, 16:33
Thanks Alison :)

Can we enter early even if we don't have Disney passes, just the MVMCP tickets?

We haven't been to Disney before except for one evening when I took the wrong turn off and had to turn around and come back out again [:I]

florida4sun
30-10-2003, 16:52
Sorry no, although you can get to the gates without any problem.

quote:Originally posted by phaedra

Thanks Alison :)

Can we enter early even if we don't have Disney passes, just the MVMCP tickets?

We haven't been to Disney before except for one evening when I took the wrong turn off and had to turn around and come back out again [:I]

allyjack
31-10-2003, 00:19
I got in last year at about 6 pm with just the MVMCP ticket. I have an annual pass but didn't have to use it.
Check with Disney what time you can get in at.
Alison