PDA

View Full Version : The Mummy Ride!!!

NigelM
29-10-2003, 17:39
Anyone know if this will be ready by March 2004?

esprit
29-10-2003, 18:04
Who can say? Test Track was months, no years actually later than originally planned.Mission Space was later than orginally extimated. Even Shrek 4D's opening was postponed slightly. Rumour has it, it will be ready Match or April 2004. I wouldnt take it as gospel.

mikewj
29-10-2003, 20:30
I'm really to look forward to going back to Florida next June after our gap year.

There will be three new Universal rides (The Mummy, Shrek and Jimmy Nuetron) :D:D:D, a new Disney show (Mickey's Philarmagic) and ride (Mission Space) :D:D and a new attraction at Busch (Haunted Lightghouse) although I've yet to hear a good review :(

There hasn't been this number of new attractions since IOA opened !!

sunshine state
01-11-2003, 23:52
Im sure you will love going back those 3 rides are great.

AndrewP
11-11-2003, 06:05
I have been on Shrek today, it is great, our 19 month year old was a little scared though, we all loved the new 3D Mickey Show!

Staying in FloridaDreamVilla, lovely place!

sunshine state
14-11-2003, 03:57
At least you can say you have now been on it what was the lines like because when i was there in the summer months it was 2 hour wait.

AndrewP
14-11-2003, 17:01
The wait times were 30 mins when I was there a few days ago!

sunshine state
15-11-2003, 03:39
That sounds more like it i dont mind waiting 30 mins but when its like 2 hours i get bored waiting and end up getting Universal Express most of the time.

Mike

AndrewP
15-11-2003, 05:04
Hardly any queues at any of the parks at the moment, no queues at all for Kraken at Seaworld, no queues at IOA at all either, maximum queues for any ride at the disney parks were 15 mins although the log flume at Magic Kingdom seemed to take much longer!!

sarahjk
16-11-2003, 00:59
Hiya

Queues sound great but what is the weather like

Sarah

esprit
16-11-2003, 07:29
The weather at the moment is fantastic. Blue skiees, sunny, like a nice English Summer dat. Evenings cooler but still warm enough for shorts. Few mossies, no humidity, perfect. Pool water a little chilly though, heating really needed. Shrek was less than 30 mins today. Parks are very quiet. Walked right on every ride at Universal except Men in Black and that was less than half an hour.

NigelM
09-01-2004, 16:39
Have haerd from a mate that 'THe Muumy Ride' is going to open in May this year.

Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Cheers

Nigel M

Nostromo
24-02-2004, 20:50
quote:Originally posted by esprit

Blue skiees, sunny, like a nice English Summer dat.

I have not seen one of those for a long time!

sully62
26-02-2004, 03:48
Heard a rumor that the Mummy Ride would have a soft opening in March probly one or two afternoons in a week , they did this with Misson Space to iron out any problems hope so as we are there late March
Tony:D:D

Nostromo
26-02-2004, 11:35
quote:Originally posted by sully62

Heard a rumor that the Mummy Ride would have a soft opening in March

In that case, we might even have better luck. We're going there on 5th May.

NigelM
26-02-2004, 16:29
See u at the q then Sully. we hope to test it later next month

NigelM

jotter
27-02-2004, 00:29
does anyone know what the mummy ride actually is.

Nostromo save me a place at the front of the Q we are going may 5th

joe

Nostromo
01-03-2004, 14:41
I have seen further mentions of "soft openings" in late March for The Mummy in some other forums. Does anyone else here have further news? Reading the previews, my mouth is watering for this ride! I have left two Wednesdays open (5th or 12th May) for Universal; we're provisionally going on the 5th to US and to Silver Springs on the 12th, but if necessary, we can change it around in the last minute for the Mummy.

sunshine state
09-03-2004, 05:04
Looks like ROTM will be opening alot earlier than expected, just looking at the pictures and a friend was telling me everything is almost complete, so expect it to be opening sometime very soon.

Mike

Nostromo
09-03-2004, 14:03
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by sunshine state
Looks like ROTM will be opening alot earlier than expected, just looking at the pictures and a friend was telling me everything is almost complete, so expect it to be opening sometime very soon.

Mike
[/quote]

I hope so. I have now rescheduled our itinerary so that we can visit US on 12th May if necessary, the very last full day at Orlando on our trip.

kevinprewett
09-03-2004, 16:19
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by jotter
does anyone know what the mummy ride actually is.

Nostromo save me a place at the front of the Q we are going may 5th

joe
[/quote]
Check the link on you'll be screaming for your mummy![msnwink]

sunshine state
09-03-2004, 20:32
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nostromo
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by sunshine state

Mike
[/quote]

I hope so. I have now rescheduled our itinerary so that we can visit US on 12th May if necessary, the very last full day at Orlando on our trip.
[/quote]

Cool, im pretty sure it should be open by then.

annemarie
10-03-2004, 01:16
First timer here - now I am getting really excited :D - 11 sleeps and counting - great weather [msncool] at the moment and short wait times - what more could we ask for - is this likely to last for the next 3/4 weeks? We're booked for 20 Mar - 3 Apr (which works out the 1/2 weeks before Easter and we were told (after we'd booked) that this was the busiest two weeks of the year:(!!

Anne-Marie

sunshine state
10-03-2004, 01:52
The parks could get quite busy around that time with it being spring break and also with the Mummy set to open soon, however im sure you will still have a great trip.

Mike

jotter
25-03-2004, 02:09
any word on the opening of the mummy ride?

esprit
25-03-2004, 04:09
They keep saying opening shortly.....

Nostromo
25-03-2004, 15:55
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:They keep saying opening shortly.....
[/quote]

I hope that their 'shortly' is short enough. We are planning to go to US on Monday 10th or Wednesday 12th May. We hope that it will be in full swing by then.[msnscared][msnscared]

Katy2605
25-03-2004, 23:39
I read on many websites that it is planned to open in april, probably going to try to open it by easter. But you know how sometimes it takes them longer [msnscared] I don't mind as i'm going in august! Aslong as it's opened by then! :D

Katy

Nostromo
26-03-2004, 02:35
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Katy2605
I read on many websites that it is planned to open in april, probably going to try to open it by easter. But you know how sometimes it takes them longer [msnscared] I don't mind as i'm going in august! Aslong as it's opened by then! :D

Katy
[/quote]

Well, you never know. It might open in April, run for 3 months and then temporarily close in August for refurbishment to sort out teething problems. :D:D

esprit
09-04-2004, 07:01
Well the soft opening has started according to one of the guests in one of my villas who went on it yesterday. It was about 12 noon and some employees dressed as Egyptians appeared outside the ride, said there were technical try outs starting and asked people to form a queue which around 200 people did. You go into a pre- show area filled with scary props and Egyptian memorabilia. The ride itself is a roller coaster in the dark, with no inversions and quite fast. There is fire and plenty of mummies and skeletons jumping out at you but the scariest bit is when it appears that locusts are coming out of the walls and into your car, this achieved through film and animatronics. He described the ride as "very good".

Nostromo
09-04-2004, 14:41
The official opening is now confirmed as 21st May [msnsad][msnsad], but there are going to be almost daily 'Technical Rehersals' till then. I am crossing my fingers and hope that we will be lucky. Our group has even formed a strategy; if we feel that there is going to be a ride on our visit day but are unsure of when, three of us will tour the US park by different routes so that at least one is in the vicinity of "Mummy" most of the time, with our mobiles switched on to alert the others. Talk about being nuts! [^][^]

huckleberry house
09-04-2004, 17:08
I was there two days ago and it was open virtually all day,it had the smallest queue time as well at 40 minutes,the longest was shrek 4d at 235 minutes.I couldnt ride the mummy as my daughter bottled it but hubby and son tried it,they didnt have a lot to say about it really other than it was okay.

Lesley

esprit
09-04-2004, 19:32
My guy said it was very good but described Spiderman as being brilliant so I guess that that rates it.

chrizzy100
09-04-2004, 20:25
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by esprit
My guy said it was very good but described Spiderman as being brilliant so I guess that that rates it.
[/quote]

I love Spiderman.....I have to be careful because of my back....so I'd need to find out if its a bumpy ride or not......I can do most things....or have done and paid for it later.......:(

NickClark
17-04-2004, 21:12
Posted - 17 Apr 2004 : 17:09:06
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just got back from Orlando, went to Universal for 5 days in 2 weeks ( OK we like it there ) The Mummy was open every time rode it 3 times in 20 minutes one morning. It is great but I won't say any more.

Nostromo
18-04-2004, 12:28
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by NickClark
Posted - 17 Apr 2004 : 17:09:06
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just got back from Orlando, went to Universal for 5 days in 2 weeks ( OK we like it there ) The Mummy was open every time rode it 3 times in 20 minutes one morning. It is great but I won't say any more.

[/quote]

At least tell us how you got on the tech rehersal. Chatted up the staff and said 'pretty please'??? We could do with some tips ourselves when we go, as it stipp won't be officially open.

Ana
18-04-2004, 16:29
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:I love Spiderman.....I have to be careful because of my back....so I'd need to find out if its a bumpy ride or not......I can do most things....or have done and paid for it later.......:(
[/quote]

It's been described as "smooth" on screamscape. Don't know if this really means not bumpy, or is it American speak meaning cool??

http://www.screamscape.com/html/universal_orlando.html

NickClark
19-04-2004, 00:19
Ok even though I might get criticised for it It is a coaster ride like you have never experienced. As to opening hours it was open all the time , dont know why but it was definately open all day for 5 seperate days.

esprit
19-04-2004, 08:44
They have concluded the technical trials I was told today. It is now shut and I was told it will stay that way until just before the official opening.

Kickstart
20-04-2004, 22:08
I guess we got lucky at Easter, we rode it twice, excellent ride, Spiderman is better but this is 2nd best.