PDA

View Full Version : Between Christmas and New Year

Y
13-03-2008, 18:59
We will be arriving in Orlando on Boxing Day and staying until the 5th Jan (10 days is all the time my husband could get off work unfortunately[msnsad])

Now I know all the parks will be very busy but I was wondering will they get quieter as the holidays goes on or should we expect mega crowds the whole time?

We have been at Easter and in August so we are used to crowds but will this time of year be unbearable[?]
Is it possible to avoid the worst by arriving early,staying a few hours,then going back to the villa,finally going back to the parks later in the evening.
Any hints and tips are on avoiding the worst crowds will be appreciated.

Finally many thanks to eveybody who replied to my villa enquiies.We are now busy with the difficult job of choosing one as they all lovely.

christhear
13-03-2008, 20:20
The parks normally quieten down after Jan 1st so could be a good idea to definately save those days for the parks.
I must admit we always get there ofr opening times as you can get so much more done in the first hour.

Y
13-03-2008, 21:08
When we have been before we have always managed to go on a lot of rides in the first couple of hours after opening.This seemed to be especially the case at Universal.
Thasnkks for the idea to leave a lot of the parks until after New Year's day.

gail and david roberts
14-03-2008, 14:52
we where there this year and found if you get up early and get to the gates for the parks to open
you will be on and off the ride with no waiting at all ,
walk onto superman ,
only my huddy and son on Jurassic Park Ride
and you park never to the park
we left around 2pm and when shopping
everyone happy
had a lay around the pool mid afternoon[msnwink][msnwink]

up to the new year universal open at 8am
but after new year day it was 9am , so check times out

ShirleyD
14-03-2008, 16:28
We found the parks busy between Christmas and new year, after that they were quiet again

brizzle
24-03-2008, 17:13
We went to MK for Christmas Day 2006 for park opening and we managed to get a fair bit done in the first couple of hours, surprised that we could get a lot done, then it got mega busy so we headed out.

It definitely drops back from Jan 1st as all the Americans head back to work, so plan those for park days if you can.

We also found Easter to be busier than Christmas for some reason and this was backed up by some chats with cast members at the parks, and a nice woman at the Seaworld store in the airport. So you might find it a little quieter than you are used to [msnwink]

carolmc
25-03-2008, 20:53
Be at the Parks early and save the days for after 1st Jan - very few queuea, and most pleasant really.

becbecs
25-03-2008, 21:18
We hit MK Xmas Day 2006, and I think the whole of Florida must have been there, never known a park that busy, Heh but we had a great time in the Rain. The only day it rained while we where there Xmas 2006.

Went to Busch Gardens - Not Busy at all, no queues.

IOA & Universal went that busy. Maybe we were lucky

Water Parks quieter than normal.

Best PArk at Xmas for us in 2006 was MGM. Osbourne Dacing Lights were Fab.

But there again we change our minds on our favorite parks everytime we go. [msnwink]