PDA

View Full Version : 2 for 1 Flight Deals with Virgin Atlantic

Matt
28-10-2003, 17:07
I have just received information on some great deals with Virgin Atlantic where 2 can fly for the price of 1 travelling in any class.

Tickets are available until Sept 04 (I think) and must be booked through the following site:

www.travelplanners.co.uk

Matt

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
28-10-2003, 17:16
Isn't the catch that the first person has to pay the "full unrestricted published fare" which I'd imagien is quite a bit more than the fare you would normally pay.

Matt
28-10-2003, 19:35
Don't know. I didn't really look into it as I already have all my flights sorted for next year:D

Lakul
28-10-2003, 19:39
From their T&C's -

2 passengers can fly on Virgin Atlantic for the price of 1 full unrestricted published fare in either Economy, Premium Economy or Upper Class.

And if anyone was hoping for the school summer holiday, this was written at the bottom -

All destinations sold out for July and August 2004 departures

DMC
28-10-2003, 20:29
Out of interest I have just rung Travel Planners and requested flights for 2 Adults for the 11th to the 25th of September 2004.

They came back at £710.00 in total, this was against Virgin Atlantic's own website, which for the same dates came back at £528.00 each ( namely £1056 in total ) so there does seem to be some saving.:D

We also got a quote from them for our usual hotel which came in at £825 for the 2 weeks.

We will be checking these costs against Virgin Holiday's quote later and I will let you know if they come out any cheaper.

Matt
29-10-2003, 02:13
I checked on some flights for February, just out of curiosity, and Virgin did come out more expensive than travelplanners for the 2 seats.

Also, the best deal had to be on the Premium Economy seats with a saving on Travelplanners for just over £700.

Matt[msnwink]

Gillian-B
29-10-2003, 02:44
Thanks for this tip Matt. I rang Travelplanners this evening and they gave me a pretty good price as compared to Virgin (even using part airmiles with Virgin). I may even book tomorrow :D.

Incidentally, it seems they are part of US Airtours who I have dealt with in the past.

wilfy
29-10-2003, 15:10
Gillian,
usairtours + travelplanners are one and the same company. Travelplanners supposedly deal with the rest of the world, Usairtours do north america only.... I got my flight tickets for easter thru them, I've used them for about 4 years now. Never any problem. Only irritation is the travelplanners web site, compared to say expedia or opodo. I gave up with it a while back and just pick up the phone. However their car hire is expensive....

wrpac00
30-10-2003, 01:55
Travelplanner normal flights for August next year seem no cheaper than anyone else I have seen and by god have I seen a few.

Also that Virgin deal says Easter, July and August are all sold out now. Wonder why?????? Could be something to do with the fact that Virgin double (or more) their prices when school holidays come along.

Paul