PDA

View Full Version : Killing 2 birds with one stone

cannybiz
28-10-2003, 16:09
Hi everyone,can anyone tell me just how long the flight is from Manchester, to Stamford airport Florida.
Killing two birds with one stone, is there any one out there know much about the Quality Inn hotel on International drive, there are 10 of us flying out on the 30th Dec, all family, two of which have already been, and came back and persuaded us that it is the place to be,
(Words can not express,) there very words you have to see it to believe it.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
28-10-2003, 16:16
The flight from Manchester to Sanford near Orlando is arounf 8.5-9 hours depending on headwinds etc etc.

I can't comment on the hotel as we've not heard of it but I'm sure it's very nice :).

huckleberry house
28-10-2003, 16:42
Hi Cannybiz
If there are 10 of you going it should be much cheaper and far nicer to stay in a private Villa.There are so many advantages over a Hotel and most people find once they have tried it they would never stay in a Hotel again.[msnsmile2]

Lesley

DMC
28-10-2003, 16:48
Hi Welcome to the Forums.

Although we haven't stayed at the Quality Inn itself, we do stay at the Rosen Plaza which is next door to a QI ( I assume that it is the one that you refer to, but there are a few QI's in Orlando / Int Drive.

Anyway as far as we are concerned it is the best location on International Drive, you are opposite The Pointe Orlando, which has shops / restaurants / bars / nightclubs and a Cinema.

At the southern end of I' Drive you have Seaworld and The Premium Outlets, the later is a must for bargain hunters.

To the north of I' Drive there is the Belz Factory Outlet and the Mall of The Mallenia, with a whole hoast of shops and attractions in between.

Halfway up I'Drive is Universal Studios and you are about 20 mins drive from Disney.

Also if you like Italian Food we can strongly suggest the Olive Garden which is a 5 min walk away from your hotel.

If you are not driving, then don't worry as there is a good bus / trolly service up and down I'Drive which you can hope on and off of at your leisure.

Either way I am sure you will all have a great time.

DMC

Tashmina
28-10-2003, 17:51
Welcome Cannybiz[msncool]

We're staying here for 1 week next September and from what I've heard it's an excellent place for being central to all types of entertainment. My other half stayed here about 9 years ago and he said it's clean, basic with friendly staff...what more could you want...especially as you won't be spending much time there.

For more info on the Quality Inn International check out their website:

http://www.orlandoqualityinn.com/

Regards

Tash x

cannybiz
28-10-2003, 18:02
I am not sure how to contact you all individually, to say thank you for your replies, So a big thanx anyway.

chrizzy100
28-10-2003, 19:21
quote:Originally posted by huckleberry house

Hi Cannybiz
If there are 10 of you going it should be much cheaper and far nicer to stay in a private Villa.There are so many advantages over a Hotel and most people find once they have tried it they would never stay in a Hotel again.[msnsmile2]

Lesley

I love staying in hotels....and we'll still stay in the ones we like even having a house in FL.....I don't feel like I've been away unless we've used a hotel......[msnsmile2]

phaedra
28-10-2003, 19:40
We stayed at the Quality Inn Plaza on I-Drive in December 2001, it's almost identical in room design to the International. The rooms were OK but not large by any means, fairly basic furnishings with the usual large and not very quiet air con units, the rooms have a single glass front window and door which opens directly onto the walkway so don't forget to dress before opening the curtains!.

It's usually about £22 to £35 a night and to be honest we found the Howard Johnson at the east end of the 192 near the turnpike turn off (about 4 miles past Walmart) much better, room was about 60% bigger, proper door and walls with a window/balcony and it was only £15 a night for a double/double room, in fact I've just booked 9 nights there when we go in November before we move to a villa in Lakeland for a week at Busch Gardens.

I'd agree though that with 10 people going you'd be better off with a villa, much more space, a full kitchen, washer and dryer etc. and somewhere to sit instead of on the beds!.