PDA

View Full Version : TomTom new maps ?

peterB
02-03-2008, 20:13
Hi in my excitement to get ready for our trip I bought maps from TomTom (version 6.75 for my Tomtom 710) However I have found out that the map was outdated and our vacation adress was not listed yet. I have now seen that TomTom offers new maps (version 7.15) I do not mind that much to spend another 40 Euros but I want to make sure that on the new maps our adress is listed. Does anyone have the new maps and can you pls check if Highgate Park, Davenport is listed ? Thanks so much. Peter

DaveL
02-03-2008, 22:05
I cannot tell you about 7.15 but I can tell you that the main rd into Highgate is on 6.75 but it is marked by it's development name.

Ask your Satnav to take you to "Florence Villa Grove Road". This is an east direction road off 27, The west direction road is marked "Poitras Road 1" but is in fact "Legacy Park Blvd". Mark the end of this road as your home destination. This is the entrance to Highgate and the road here is "Highgate Blvd" which circles through development and all other roads join onto it.

Not perfect but at least it gets you very close to home. If I get a chance to check 7.15 I will repost here.

Dave

peterB
02-03-2008, 23:41
Thanks Dave ! You just saved me me some spending money. I think most other info on the map is still accurate so I guess I can stick with the old version

ccarcher
03-03-2008, 14:52
Have you not tried to source the location by zip code

I have the new maps and can check for you later

The new maps for me are a lot better than the older version (which was quite old) and had a number of errors

pieman790
03-03-2008, 15:25
We have both a Tom Tom (Quite a few years old now) and a Garmin and have to say that the Garmin maps are alot more detailed/accurate. Cannot comment on the new Tom Tom maps but old ones did have alot of errors and places missing and this is one of the reasons we opted for the Garmin.

TrishT
04-06-2008, 22:46
the new maps with tomtom , i belive its now up to version 720 , you can update them free for a year with the new mapshare facility.
we update ours on a daily basis (as its left plugged into the computer when not used) almost all the time there are updates.