PDA

View Full Version : Highland Reserves

josh0208
28-10-2003, 08:02
Hello everyone. I'm new to this site. My family and I are leaving 10/29 for Florida. We have rented a 4 bedroom 2 bath premium pool home in the Highland Reserves area. It's at [house number removed for security reasons] Hampton Drive. Is anyone familiar with this area? I have not seen any pictures of the home but do know it's an upgraded home..meaning it have a jaquzzi, larger living space, etc. By the pictures of other homes in the area, it looks like a beautiful area. This is the first time we've rented a home and am very unfamiliar with this idea. Since we have 6 adults going, we found it cheaper than renting 2 hotel rooms. If anyone can give me some insight to the area, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks. [msncool]

Ruth
28-10-2003, 10:20
You will not be disappointed with Highlands Reserve josh0208[msnsmile]It is a very spacious golf course community with wonderful homes. It has good community facilities and is ideally positioned for all the Disney parks. We bought our home there after looking at loads of different communities[msnsmile2]

dbrook
28-10-2003, 11:16
Hi Josh,

I'll second Ruth's comments. We have owned on Highlands Reserve just over a year now. There is a Publix conveniently recently opened now by the side entrance to Highlans Reserve and other shops starting to open.

It's a lovely community - you will enjoy it[msnsmile2]

Nigel W
10-02-2004, 19:21
Ill 3rd Highlands Reserve is excellent place to stay easy to get to as the previous to people say close to Publix with more stores opening nearby regularly and the golf course is brilliant also.

rsacks
19-03-2004, 17:31
Hi Josh,

I live in Highlands Reserve and just bought a second house here. I love it and this is the closest golf course community to Disney.

Well I hope you enjoy your stay and have fun at Disney.

Barcelona
19-03-2004, 19:38
I rented from HighLands Reserve before, and the community was wonderful. My favorite part was the golf course located within the community to make it a conservative community

Snapper
24-04-2004, 13:08
Hi Josh, If you are on North Hampton Drive and the home number is lower than about 900 you are in for a real treat. These homes are some of the largest on NH drive (they were the 'estates' homes built by Lennar which are the most spacious homes on larger than usual lots). Some of the big ones are amongst the largest homes on Highlands; don't be surprised to find a place pushing or exceeding 3000 sq. ft. They are usually furnished to the highest standards imaginable and have all sorts of upgrades and extras. Most of the odd number homes I know of also back onto the golf course so you get an absolutly wonderful view from the pool area. You're gonna love it there! Have a great time.

Ruth
24-04-2004, 13:33
The Lennar estate homes are also on other roads as we have one of them:)

Snapper
25-04-2004, 19:24
Hi Ruth - yep - I couldn't remember which other bits of Highlands were the estates plots, nor at which number NH Drive swaps from the Lennar Estates to the Engle homes. Which home did you buy? Mine's a Wellesley II and I love it to death.

Ruth
25-04-2004, 20:52
Mine is a Wellesley II too:D:DThey are great homes for sure:)

Lakul
25-04-2004, 23:22
Engle also built on plots lower that 900:)

Farida
27-04-2004, 01:40
I think the whole area along the US 27 is great......could be why we've bought a resale up there!
We stopped on Highlands Reserve a couple of years ago and then on Hampton Lakes(which is just down the road) this Easter.
I like the fact that from the US27 you can be on either the 192 or the I4 within a couple of minutes. The 192 gets us to all the Restaurants we need and the I4 to the airport, theme parks, etc. ( Although there's even a shortcut to the parks along Loughman)
The building of the Publix supermarket since we were there two years ago is really handy for groceries (and the Daily Mail!) and it really isn't too far to the nearest Walmart
At the end of a hard day's playing/shopping/eating/theme-parking/golfing/etc/etc it's great to get back to the peacefulness of the area
If you're looking into it more, the area around Highlands Reserve is classed as Davenport so any search should give you more tips on the surroundings, if not the actual house......however, the villa should be great - definitely the right choice over a hotel room, especially when there are a few of you( nothing like a few drinks by the pool at the end of the day!!!!)

.........ok folks, am I doing a good job selling this area so far?!!!

Carla
27-04-2004, 01:48
You've got the job Farida.
:D:D:D

Farida
27-04-2004, 02:13
Thanks Carla.....and I'll even do it for love rather than rewards[msnsmile2]