PDA

View Full Version : epcot worth going to

munster redarmy
27-02-2008, 20:01
hi been in florida 3 times only park not visited is it worth going to
a bit apprehensive about it as heard it was a bit boring what do ye think

Lynne S
27-02-2008, 20:27
I must admit we thought exactly the same thing [msnoo] But it's great, we tried it for the first time last year and all my family loved it. We will be back again this year.

Read a few trip reports with Epcot in them, that's what convinced me. :)
I'll try and find the link with the report on for you

Here's one http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic_24857.asp
And another
http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic_14542.asp
:)

orchidvilla
27-02-2008, 20:50
We prefer out of all the parks to visit Epcot on our visits, the World showcase gives you the chance to see the diffrent cultures and also they have there own restraunts to try the diffrent cuisine and shops to buy products from that particular country.

Mousegear is a huge Disney store and the fireworks are very good.

pbensur
27-02-2008, 21:33
Epcot is our favorite!! If you've never been there, you have to at least go once. And I feel certain that you'll return! We didn't get there on this last visit and my kids were extremely disappointed.

LiesaAnna
27-02-2008, 21:40
we havent ever done epcot as we thought it would be boring but this year we're doing things differently even staying over on the gulf coast so gonna give epcot a try if you try it let us know what your thoughts are.....:D

mfairhurst
27-02-2008, 21:49
We love EPCOT as you enter you can go to the tv screen and book a meal at one of the countrys and then watch the fire work display .
So leave a lot of time for your meal and then you can get a good place to see the fireworks .
MAUREEN
www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

MarkJan
27-02-2008, 22:18
My favourite Disney park is Epcot. Some of the best meals in the proper restaurants and great food choices from the different countries.

Kazzie
27-02-2008, 22:23
You have to try Epcot Derek, its a must for anybody to try at least once.

andy_d
27-02-2008, 22:28
They've actually got a couple of Disneys best rides with Mission:Space a brilliant shuttle simulator ride and Soarin' which simulates flying in a hang glider over all sorts of terrain. Worth going just to try these although the rest of the park is great fun too.

Cruella DeVilla
27-02-2008, 22:33
It's my least favourite but I think you have to try it once to make your own mind up. I am a great believer in this.

brendawilliams
27-02-2008, 23:14
We like Epcot, there is a great choice of meals and the rides were good, perhaps not as daredevil as say Island of Adventures or Universal but they were fun.

becbecs
27-02-2008, 23:57
Absolutley love Epcot, Great for Adults & Kids. The restaurants, Rides & the Countries around World Showcase Lagoon are so good to visit. Never been bored once in Epcot. Its always the first park we visit when we arrive in Florida and always go for a meal at one of the restaurants.

rosie
28-02-2008, 00:53
Another vote for Epcot, it is probably our fav park, although that tends to change depending on which one we're in :D

The restaurants are possibly the best of any park, Chef de France being a firm fav.

Give it a try if you haven't been there before and I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Mrs Brizzle
28-02-2008, 02:09
We love Epcot for its diversity,I see it as almost two parks in one though.

It has lots of little things you might miss on a first visit so you can spend lots of time here. It is also a very good evening park for a wander around the lake and the fantastic fireworks.

The girls really enjoy all the science and educational attractions in the Innovations area. We have made plastic robots and hand made paper as well as stopping at all the kidcot stops for colouring and masks ect

During some of the events ie Food & Drink Festival or Flower & Garden Festival we have made pipe cleaner flowers, bee magnets and come away with samples of honey, peanuts and seeds to plant.

My particular favourite event apart from the food & drink festival where I like to eat my way round the world :D is the Holidays Around the World where they have each countries Father Christmas or equivalent and special Christmas craft activities for the children.

There is always something going on and its all the small things that make it such a great park!

mizzy
28-02-2008, 02:20
we love epcot and i would say give it a go [high5]

did you know EPCOT stands for "Enviromental Prototype Community Of Tomorrow" [msnwink]

or once you've walked round this huge park a fitting alternative "Every Person Comes Out Tired" [msneek]

CarolAnn
28-02-2008, 11:27
Another vote here for EPCOT :) Depending on time of year you go they do have special events running as well as all the usual things too. Food and Wine in October time and Flower festival March through May (?) I love the world showcase, and Soaring and Race Track are 2 of my holiday fav rides. What about the 9pm fireworks too...ooohhh love it, 2 weeks...here we come [msncool]

Mr G
28-02-2008, 12:26
Yet another vote for Epcot.I think it is as informative as you want it to be.

When our children were young they just enjoyed the rides, as they have grown older I have noticed they have started to read the information which gives a greta insight into the World,conservation, energy together with a snapshot of the various cultures in the World showcase.

They still enjoy the rides and one of my favourite florida rides is Soarin' you have to make sure you take a ride on this.

We love Epcot and whilst not one of the larger Parks it has a lot to offer and a fantastic fireworks/ligh show in the evening.

munster redarmy
28-02-2008, 18:05
hey thanks every one that is great help for me really appreciate it cant wait to go there now reading all the good comments on it[^][msnwink]

TrishT
28-02-2008, 20:37
Epcot have THE best firework show, would definately reccommend stayin til the end to watch [msnsmile2]

orlandodaze
29-02-2008, 03:12
We love Epcot and for all the positive reasons already given. We celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary lunch there last July at the French Restaurant in The World Showcase ,all of us thoroughly enjoyed it .We asked our daughter which park she wished to visit in March and yes you ve guessed Epcot.

orlandodaze
27-03-2008, 06:51
We never did get to Epcot this trip in fact we never got to Disney at all or Universal or Seaworld . No complaints from The Boss ,our 12 year old ,she is a Cypress Gardens convert . its all about how many rides you can fit in one hour . You know she is right Cypress Gardens is well worth a visit.

E. Cosgrove
27-03-2008, 12:19
When we used to do all the parks on every trip to Orlando[msneek] we would have a different favourite every trip and Epcot often came out on top:D

MJG
21-08-2008, 16:29
Just my two cents worth the Fireworks in Epcot are worth the price a the admission alone!!!

Well maybe an exaggeration but IllumiNations - Reflections of Earth is one of the most breathtaking firework show you will experience.

We love Epcot - word showcase is brilliant and the whole place is just a bit more laid back and less frenetic than some of the other parks (Certainly IOA!!!)