PDA

View Full Version : Crowds at Easter

Y
26-10-2003, 13:06
hello,

We are hoping to go back to Orlando in 2004 but may have to go during Easter holidays.
we were wondering whetherthe crowds in the parks will be unbearable!
our last visit was August 2001 which was not as busy as we had been led to believe.
also will we still be able to find a good choice of villas at this stage.
Hope some of you can help,
thankyou,
Yvonne

dbrook
26-10-2003, 13:34
Hi Yvonne,

We have been a couple of times over Easter and the parks have been quite busy but quite bearable - nowhere near as busy as we had thought. The weather is lovely at that time of year too

A lot of villa owners are booked for Easter as it is such a popular time, but if you put out a General Enquiry on Orlando Villas and Florida Vacation Rentals I am sure you will still get quite a few replies.

Don't leave it too long though!

wilfy
26-10-2003, 14:52
Yvonne,
we've been to orlando for the past 2 years at easter, and are going again this year.:D Except for the easter weekend, when certainly Magic Kingdom is very busy The crowds are reasonable. Animal Kingdom was fine on the easter saturday this year. Generally stay away from disney for that weekend, and go to say sea-world, cape canaveral, shopping, shopping, shopping. Either side of easter weekend, the longest we've had to wait is 40 minutes for the popular rides, but we do get to the parks for when they open, leave say around 1-2pm-ish, go for a dip in the pool, grab a bite, and return in the evening. This has worked very well for us.

Also the weather is a little kinder than in August, into the mid-high 80's, which is certainly warmer than here

huckleberry house
27-10-2003, 08:16
Hi Yvonne
The crowds will of course be greater at Easter than at other times so if you can avoid it your best doing so, also if you could go say the two weeks following Easter the weather is still fantastic and you can get a far greater choice of Villa.
However if you are tied to the school holidays then going at Easter is still a far,far better option than not going at all[:p]
Have a look at www.villasflorida.com and www.orlandovillas.com and put out a general enquiry for your dates to see what is still available.

Lesley

athurstance
27-10-2003, 14:24
We always go at Easter - the crowds are big but as someone else said not unmanageable. Get to the parks early - you will get several hours of light crowds before the majority of the crowds arrive. The parks are open really late at Easter - often to midnight or 1am so you can go back to the villa, have a swim, do some shoppping etc then head back into the parks around 6/7pm. We do this and you will see the crowds of people all exiting the parks as you go in on the near empty trams. The parks are not empty by any means but the crowds are much lower than during the day.
Add that to the weather which is fabulous.
If you do decide to go at Easter book now - it is extremely popular and many villa will already be booked.

Y
29-10-2003, 01:55
Hi'
Thanks to everybody who gave advice about Easter.
we have decided to go next Easter and we're now busy checking through all the availible villas we have been sent details of They all look fantastic.
we are also trying to book a flight but these are quite booked up or very expensive so if anybody has any ideas we would love to hear from you.
we are hoping to go for 2 weeks beginning the 3rd of April 2004.
Yvonne.

phaedra
29-10-2003, 02:11
Early April should be a bit quieter, we went the last week in April/first week in May this year and the parks were very busy, Busch Gardens had VERY large crowds waiting to sort out passes etc. and then more waiting to get into the park, most rides had waiting times of 20 to 45mins but things like the Rhino Rally had 90mins, luckily a nice attendant heard me telling my wife I couldn't stand for that long (knee problems) and with a quick look at my "I am a registered disabled person card" he sent us to the disabled boarding area and we were on in 10mins, my wife is always telling me to use the disabled facilities but I just don't think of myself as disabled yet and hate it when I do sit in a disabled seat and get asked if I know it's for "disabled people", perhaps I should get a large "Yes I am disabled" badge made and pin it on me [:o)]

Beverley
29-10-2003, 03:30
Hi Yvonne,

We visited Florida last Easter. It was a last minute booking (3 weeks before) and we flew into Sanford but...... we only paid £299 each. This was booked from a local independent travel agent.[msnsmile]

melfrank
03-11-2003, 20:51
We went at Easter 2000. The parks were busy but if you plan well- fast passes etc- it is bearable.

owens
04-11-2003, 02:06
We have always used travel city and got a pretty good deal, you either love them or hate them-- we love them. check out teletext page 298, we've gone out 4 times in last 16 months and have never paid more than £159 for fly drive + insurance's- though we tend to leave booking to about 6 weeks before we go... we left it to 48 hours at end of august this year but got a fly drive with everything included for the two of us for £489 !!! just keep checking out teletext daily.If your stuck for a villa we have a new 5 bedroom on a golf course free at the moment, though not knowing how many of you it might be a tad expensive if theres only two of you.If your interested just come back to me. [msncool]