PDA

View Full Version : keys locked in cars

Ann
09-03-2002, 18:35
Johns comment reminded me of the time we got locked out of the car
Beware when you leave your car with the engine running and get out and close the door the car automatically locks with you outside and the engine running fortunatly for us there was no children left inside
there is a number on your rental car documents to phone providing you have the document and have not left this inside the car
you phone the number and give your details and they send someone round to get you back in [normally some irate man]
there is a charge i think we paid $40 for this
i think people should be very aware of this fact i wouldnt like to think what would have happened if a small child had been strapped into the car

ann duncan

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
13-03-2002, 21:34
We managed to lock ourselves out of the car when we were at Pointe Orlando (on International Drive).

Thankfully we had the boot (trunk) open at the time so I somehow managed to prise the back seat down enough for me to breath in and get between the gap into the car. I could then unlock it from inside.

We were dreading having to call out the car hire company.

John & Sarah Rooke
Orlando Villas

porky
16-03-2002, 14:50
I managed to lock myself out of the car with the engine running. I was driving and was more concerned with not stepping in a puddle, forgot I was in the 'driving side' and slammed the door. This was in the car park at Dennys so we just went in, got a seat next to the window in front of our car and had breakfast while we waited for the locksmith. It was funny watching all the other people's faces and expressions when they passed the sar.

Jacqui

Ken and Julia
07-04-2002, 03:38
If you ever need a locksmith Car or Home

When at our villa in February 2001 we had to call out a Locksmith because the previous owners had not passed on the keys for the Owners closet,
We Called a Company by the name of McMahons Mobile Service, he was there in 15 Mins and reset the lock to take a different key also made up 2 new keys all for $45.00, the Standard call out is $35.00,

If you ever need a locksmith His Number is:
407-396-7974 And I would highly recommend him.
he also deals with Cars Locks, Jumpstarts & Flat Tyres

Guernsey, the second best place on the planet