PDA

View Full Version : Disney set to have American Idol Attraction

Lesley S
08-02-2008, 19:01
The pop culture phenomenon “American Idol” is slapping on some Mickey ears and will open an attraction in Orlando at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.

According to a press release issued by Walt Disney World Resorts: “The new attraction will feature the high-energy of the ‘American Idol’ show and will guarantee one winner a day a priority time in regional auditions for the ‘American Idol’ TV show.”

The fans are screaming, "American Idol" because the number one television show is joining forces with the number one theme park.

"We are so excited to announce this 'American Idol' attraction," said President of Walt Disney World Resorts Meg Crofton.

That's right, Disney is transforming the former "Doug Live" soundstage at Hollywood Studios into a brand new "American Idol" attraction.

"You are going to see all of the glitz and glamour of that show," added Crofton. “Disney Parks producers are working hand-in-hand with the producers of ‘American Idol’- 19 Entertainment and FremantleMedia - in the creation of this attraction. The new attraction will transform 'American Idol' from the TV screen into a live, interactive experience for thousands of Disney guests every day,” stated a news release from Disney.

So, how will it work, well first guests will audition in front of producer. "I love you Simon woooaaahhh," sang Amanda Freishtat of Clarksville, Md.

If they move on to the next round, they will get the star treatment. They will get their hair and make-up done and work with a vocal coach. Then it's on to the finale where they will perform live on stage in front of an audience and three judges.

"It is just so fun in the auditions. I like watching the good people and the peope who mess up," said Lauren Smith of Clarksville, Md.

The winner of the finale will get a golden ticket and VIP treatment for a real audition for the "American Idol" television show.

"Why not this is the place that dreams come true, so why not make your idol dreams come true at Disney World," said Alex Shipman of Orlando.

So, a day at Disney could end with a trip to Hollywood and you could be the next "American Idol."

Warm-up those vocal chords Central Florida. American Idol will be in Orlando by the end of the year. Construction is set to wrap-up by December.

luckylady
08-02-2008, 20:15
That's great I will be there in December
Better get practicing[msnwink]

Cruella DeVilla
08-02-2008, 22:54
Yeah I read that in the Sentinel yesterday or day before.

Oh man those guys with the ears don't miss a trick;)