PDA

View Full Version : Medieval Times Castle/Eatery

Daniel Ramsey
25-10-2003, 08:49
Has anybody eaten at the Medieval Times Castle? http://www.medievaltimes.com/castleFL/home.htm

I was not aware it excisted, my employer says the food is served on pewterware and the eating utensils are practically nonexistant from a similar type of eatery in Las Vegas.Its just like 12th century England, Kights battling in armor, jousting, etc. Apparently from what I dug up its located in Kissimmee and the dinner show is highly rated. Anyone been to it?

sunseeker
25-10-2003, 22:37
We did this in 2001, 13 of us went and thoroughly enjoyed it.
The food wasnt up to much but it was fun eating Henry VIII style.
You get seated in colour coded sections and then you support the knight of that colour. Plenty of shouting and cheering and makes a good evening out. Its next door to Wallmart on the 192.
Hope this helps.
Dave

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
25-10-2003, 22:44
I did hear that you are served a whole chicken and are expected to tear chunks off with your fingers :)

sunseeker
25-10-2003, 22:54
I think if my memory serves me correctly, that it was half a chicken
and yes you do have to use your fingers. there isnt any cutlery.
The drinks are served in goblets, you can also buy various souvenir
goblets which they will let you use.

Daniel Ramsey
26-10-2003, 06:35
Sounds pretty messy! I can just imagine what people would think if I was to bring my own fork and spoon:D My son turns 10 jan 13th and I'm looking for a place that would be interesting for him, he is always pestering me to take him to a resturant. I have to go and check out the Disney Resorts for a good themed resturant as well.

chrisj
27-10-2003, 00:13
The place looked closed when we were there earlier in the year.

ixworth
31-10-2003, 02:14
We visited Medieval Times 2 Christmases ago and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. I'd recommend putting your brain in neutral on the way in and let yorselves go. The food was perfectly acceptable if a little basic but I'm not renowned for being a fussy eater.

As far as I am aware they are still open but the place does have a "closed for business" look about it during the day.

I hope you enjoy yourselves as much as we did.

Andy

chrisj
31-10-2003, 03:06
Id be interested if someone could comfirm if its still open, like I said we went past it a lot
and it always looked closed

keith_harrison
27-11-2003, 22:37
Daniel Ramsey

Hi We were out at our home in August and took some friends with us to medievaltimes, it was their first time out in Orlando Florida. My friend is very particular, born with a silver spoon. Altogether there were 9 of us.

We really had a good night,normally we are the first to tell our children off for using their cutlery, and manners at the table, but for once it was all good fun,and we all had a great evening, the kids thoroughly enjoyed it. I say the more the merrier! we did get merry and we left our husbands to the driving!

The service was good,and the food not bad at all,it was hot.I have had worst else where,the entertainment we thought was good.

It is closed in the day,most tourists places sell the tickets!

Kind regards

The Harrison Family

chrisj
28-11-2003, 01:40
Thanks for that info Keith, as I said earlier all the times we went past it looked closed so
we didnt bother looking for tickets. Will do next July when we are there

blott
28-11-2003, 02:30
Crumbs! There are loads of them! http://www.medievaltimes.com

I do remember, at one time, they did day time tours where you could check out the horses, etc but I can't see any mention of it on their website so perhaps they don't do them any longer.

Daniel Ramsey
01-12-2003, 16:35
Thanks everybody! Its coming close to my departure date when I fly down from Alaska to stay in Orlando for four weeks.

Another place I intend to look into is the Sleuths Mystery Dinner Show.

blott
01-12-2003, 18:14
We had a great time at Sleuth's Daniel last year and the food's better than most dinner shows if you choose either the beef (top choice!) or chicken but definitely not the pasta!

The shows are very much audience participation orientated and the cast are quite funny too. But, can you solve the murder mystery though? [msnwink]

chrisj
02-12-2003, 01:35
wasnt it the Butler :)

blott
02-12-2003, 02:54
Not necessarily Chris! :) They have about 6 - 10 different 'plays' and it depends on which night you go as to which one they're doing. ;)

chrisj
02-12-2003, 12:50
We saw a play a few years ago, Wow it was full of twists all the way through. A very good
evenings entertainment

blott
02-12-2003, 18:54
If you like that type of thing Chris, it's a great way to spend an evening and, as I said before, it does come with a pretty large dose of humour so it's not too intense. One of our party got 'roped in' as one of the players! :D

chrisj
02-12-2003, 19:16
I do like them, so will have to plan a visit in on our next trip

Carla
02-12-2003, 19:44
Sleuth's is our favourite too. We've been to 4 different shows now and had a great time at each one. Like Blott says, avoid the Lasagna. :D:D

chrisj
03-12-2003, 03:00
its ok I dont like tomatoes :)[B)]

So dont ever have lasagna

Daniel Ramsey
06-12-2003, 19:43
Sorry about late replies but I've been kinda busy lately, first off my laptop died and the repair cost is almost as much as a newer bigger faster model of which I want but not until after my vacation next month, and then both of my wifes vehicles broke down and since I have been a mechanic for over thirty years I couldn't talk myself into having the repairs done at a shop.

So I had to juggle repair times vs. transporting wife to work during a pretty good snowfall dump of over two feet last week plus my daytime job and she also works totally opposite hours!

She is really enthused about the Sleuths dinner show as she is an Agatha Christie fan and always watches mysteries on the TV.

tinkerbell
10-02-2004, 14:22
Medieval Times is 20 this year, and has announced a programme of improvements to commence in the autumn. The entrace lobby will be expanded and there will be major land and waterscaping. The changes will not affect the dining theatre itself, and should be completed bby spring 2005.

Taken from Florida Homes and Travel Feb 2004.